Author Topic: Great turnout by the Tiger Army  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Great turnout by the Tiger Army
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 06:20:38 PM »
Wonder if I'll get my invite.... ::)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
my day started out very uncomfortably. Got to the game an hour early, usually go with 3 others but was meeting them in there,  bought a souvlaki that i'd been REALLY looking forward to, got to my seat to find mum from a group of three sitting in it. Politely pointed out that that was my seat. "FINE" says she and moves to the next one. So there I am sitting in the middle of a family I dont know and being made to look like a real biatch. Thank goodness the people from the other RESERVED seats trickled in and after much seat hopping, they left. Not before i'd lost my appetite because I felt so uncomfortable tho...had to throw my souvlaki in the bin because it had gone cold  >:(  How the hell do they get past the gestapo at the gate who studies my ticket closely when i get there!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »
the noise generated during our comeback was incredible.

It should be like this every week, regardless of our form.

All u softies who only come out for the 'big games' need to harden up.

A big passionate crowd is like an extra player on the field.

Spot on. There were 10,000 tight, fair weather supporters who stayed away when we play Freo at Etihad a few weeks ago. Only 25,000 showed up that night. They need to have a look at themselves and stop whingeing like panzies that Etihad isn't as good as the G. Well if they showed up it would be as good as the G. Like yesterday  8)

I can't work out the hate for docklands. I enjoy going to the footy there when i get down to Melbourne. Have been to some games that drew big crowds and the atmosphere was electric. You can also get a decent beer (stubbie) there rather that gutter water they pass off as tap beer.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

jackstar is back again

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »
Think that Etihad Stadium is great.
Easily you get a car park at New Quay and usually grab a bite to eat at either medicis or the Lounge Room. The Woolshed Pub opposite Channel 7 is great too.
Having the Bolte bridge close by means easy access, not like the traffic jams around the G and at the East end of town
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:37:18 PM by jackstar is back again »

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »
much prefer the G, can always park for FREE near the precinct hotel and get home 30 minutes earlier. I dont mind Etihad as a spectataor its just the logistics of getting there is a pain
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
I used to park at Etihad for free for the first 5-7 years towards the end of the wharf. Now that they have new buildings at those old carpark locations I park in the meter area about 100m from the steps near the spencer st ramp. Perfect spot. I was too lazy to go out at half time and tpo up the meter but i didn't get a fine anyway. Only paid $2. Last week I paid about $5 because i topped up at half time  8)

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 10:41:52 PM »
much prefer the G, can always park for FREE near the precinct hotel and get home 30 minutes earlier. I dont mind Etihad as a spectataor its just the logistics of getting there is a pain
Am the opposite- I love Etihad. Always catch the train now and settle in for a few quiet ones at The Carron Hotel on the corner of Batman Street and Spencer Street before the game. A good pub with a great atmosphere and many beers on tap- including the unbeatable James Squire Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 12:01:56 AM »
Magnificent atmosphere during our 2nd half comeback.
Didn't think Etihad was capable of provoking such passion in Tiger fans.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 07:13:36 AM »
Am the opposite- I love Etihad. Always catch the train now and settle in for a few quiet ones at The Carron Hotel on the corner of Batman Street and Spencer Street before the game. A good pub with a great atmosphere and many beers on tap- including the unbeatable James Squire Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who is this? Tony Leonard doing his "pub of the week" on 3aw? :lol

jackstar is back again

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »
Good fella is big Tony :cheers :thumbsup

TigerTimeII

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 07:48:42 AM »
great day , who cares we lost
got there at 10 ish, had coffee / brunch with buddha hocking
great bloke, but sorry cant disclose what was said

the noise we made at etihad was mad, what an atmosphere