Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining  (Read 14383 times)

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
Re: Hardwick's aftermatch media conference / Hardwick finds silver lining
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »
Big test tonight for Gus. He is playing against Collingwoods 3rd string ruckman and even though Wood is 4cm taller he should be able to use his additional experience against him. If he can't well then the future isn't looking bright for Gus no matter how positiive I'm trying to be.... ;)
What extra experience? 272 days of age?

Cameron Wood 2004 Draft 23 years 86 days old 46 games experience
Angus Graham 2005 Rookie Draft 23 years 358 days old 36 games experience

Yet Wood is a 3rd stringer and Graham is our #1 ruck

I wanted Wood during trade period a couple of years ago when our ruck stocks were heading down.....mmmm.

I have a feeling we will be targeting Hamish Macintosh from North, by the time FA comes in he will be into his 8th-9th year, could definitely offer him more then anything the Kangas good match and would be our 1st choice ruck instead of second stringer at the Roos.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2011, 05:49:41 PM »
Jack I don't buy the whole 'Gus doesn't support his team by not taking a mark in the D50'. I think Gus', and the rest of the leagues 1st ruck now, brief is moving around the ground where stoppages occur. We have moved a long way from when ruckmen's brief was contesting the centre square and floating back into defense to act as a floating extra man. Today ruckmen are expected to be another midfielder whether they are capable or not - Gus is acting in this role and, at the very least, ensuring the opposition ruckmen are not roaming free. This is why he is not taking marks in the D50 as his opponent is keeping well away from the area to ensure the space is not clogged up. You can't blame him for this.

The flaws in setups are something that needs to be addressed - definitely, but these are not termanal problems or indicators that the coaches and/or players are lost causes. They just need to ensure this is corrected for the future. I have faith that with all the scrutiny that these sort of blaring problems have caused this week, it will be high on everyone at the clubs priority lists. Lids being dragged out of the play will fit under a similar lesson to be learned.

I completely understand your and many others on here's passion for the club Jack, I just differ from you in how I attempt to voice my methods of change and express frustrations. Different methods but both wanting the same outcome - Tiger flags  :gotigers

Stripes seriously Gus is garbage. Honestly mate im sick to death of him falling to the ground at almost every opportunity. Do you go to games?

Vickery is streets ahead of him. He has shown something this year that bloke and he throws his weight around, Gus simply does not.

How can we go possibly wrong by throwing Browne in there. Gus should be helping out the smaller boys and throwing his weight around, instead i see others throwing him around.

We don't often agree Daniel but you are dead right with this one.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »
Big test tonight for Gus. He is playing against Collingwoods 3rd string ruckman and even though Wood is 4cm taller he should be able to use his additional experience against him. If he can't well then the future isn't looking bright for Gus no matter how positiive I'm trying to be.... ;)
What extra experience? 272 days of age?

Cameron Wood 2004 Draft 23 years 86 days old 46 games experience
Angus Graham 2005 Rookie Draft 23 years 358 days old 36 games experience

Yet Wood is a 3rd stringer and Graham is our #1 ruck

I wanted Wood during trade period a couple of years ago when our ruck stocks were heading down.....mmmm.

He is as bad as Graham WAT.  Only difference is the players above them at the respective clubs.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2011, 06:04:16 PM »
he's worse than graham
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI