Author Topic: Rance cops 3 weeks [updated]  (Read 7491 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rance cops 3 weeks [updated]
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2011, 06:27:47 PM »
Luke McGuane has had a nice dig at the MRP on twitter  :thumbsup

LukeMcguane: "Feeling for young alex rance at the moment 3 weeks seems a bit steep personally it feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
That's the key point though isn't it? We are more frustrated (rightly) because of the lack on consistency of the MRP

Are we as Tiger fans more annoyed that Waite got off rather than Rance getting suspended.

A little from column A, a little from column B  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »
My point is that just getting a head high knock is not in itself an automatic suspension. Last weekend alone there were two horrific head injuries to Brown and Selwood that were much worse than Waite's, and the perpetrators, quite rightly had no case to answer.
Rance's case had to be judged on its own merits, and studying the blurry split-second and far away footage that was shown ad infinitum on the news was inconclusive evidence in itself for such a stringent penalty.
You could argue for hours about who got in who's way, whether the arm was raised, whether it was accidental or clumsy or intentional, and on that footage alone not be able to prove anything conclusively. Yet we have a damning piece of clear footage of Waite throwing his leg back and making forceful contact with McGuanes groin, and he has no case to answer.
It's this baffling inconsistency from the MRP that frustrates fans. And by the way, I sit in the cheer squad, the incident with Rance happened in front of me too, and my initial feeling was he'd have no case to answer. I should have known that these things ALWAYS go against us.   

Both brown and selwood were in possesion of the ball, Selwood tapped the ball forward 1 second before collison and Brown was in a marking contest.
The waite incident happened 30 metres off the ball, BIG difference

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »

LukeMcguane: "Feeling for young alex rance at the moment 3 weeks seems a bit steep personally it feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts"
:lol :clapping :lol :clapping :lol :clapping :lol :clapping :lol :clapping :lol :clapping

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »
Humphrey B Bear was on Sen tonight and reckons it should of been reffered and copped 2 weeks. Has opened a can of worms for later in the season.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2011, 10:55:48 PM »
Humphrey B Bear was on Sen tonight and reckons it should of been reffered and copped 2 weeks. Has opened a can of worms for later in the season.

Since when has Humphrey B Bear started to speak and I didn't know he was a Richmond fan? :lol :rollin :lol

Maybe we should put him in the other thread of famous Richmond supporters. :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »

;D Love it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »
Dimma today on the verdict.....

Hardwick says the Tigers never seriously considered appealing the Rance's penalty.

"We don't debate that there was contact made," he said. "It was a clash of heads, so we just accepted the penalty.

"The match review panel do as good a job as they can and they made their decision.

"We're disappointed. He's been in really good form, Alex. It's a real shame for the kid.

"He's starting to carve a career at full-back, so he'll take his three weeks on the sidelines and we'll move on."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/110377/default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »
Interesting to see what Tapscott cops from the MRP for his blind bump on Nicoski behind the play. He should get more than Rance's 3 weeks because Nicoski was totally not expecting it but with the MRP who can tell anymore  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
that idiot is in my dream tream  :banghead