Author Topic: Positives from today's game?  (Read 7936 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Positives from today's game?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »
positives

I didnt waste my afternoon attending the game.  :thumbsup

The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »

Positive is ive learnt to bet against the Tigers and walk away with some cash in 2011.

Another positive is i didnt go and watched it at home whilst painting

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »
Said to trade lids 2 weeks ago,wtf ?

would you trade him for pick 1 or pick 2? I wouldnt

would you trade him for 2 x top 10 picks? I prob would

i also said i didnt want to trade him  :thumbsup

It was an example of how,if we want something worthwhile we had to produce.
Its in here somewhere.

People were saying trade Jackson,Edwards and Foley,expecting to recruit 2 Moschiachs from those deals.

I said if u want to get a good ruckman+,trade lids or stfu.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »

Ox, my learned colleague, I agree with you that to trade for something decent we need to trade out something decent.

Foley has value in the market place. If that could get a decent ruckman in exchange for Foley then it needs to be considered before Lids. Personally I wouldn't trade Lids. Outside of Lids; Cotchin, Martin and Reiwoldt are the only ones I look at putting the "not for trade" signs on at the minute  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
i kind of agree but i was making a point.

Whatever-They all need to have a heart like the big Cho

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »

Or Alex Rance or Cotch if we want to use a current players on our list  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2011, 10:34:03 PM »
After today.I would have no hesitation trading lids.get pick 2 of GWS ?

You have had too many beers in the medallion club Jack. When its my shout I am the expert.

Lets say for the sake of this conversation we trade him or the one we had earlier in the week he goes there and is a gun in the midfield you would be the first on the back of the club and whoever let this happen but even forgetting that he has been our most consistent player in the last 4 years and he has been playing a variety of roles. Ludicrous IMHO.

sorry, he plays as a sweeper off half backed last time I looked. rarely plays midfield thanks to Dimma
Use the pick to get a big man

why on earth would you trade your best player for a number 2 pick? thats like moving sideways at work. If you're going to trade him make it for 2 x top picks then you have some  serious weighing up to do.

BECAUSE YOU NUFFERS, WE TRADED OUR BEST PLAYER IN 1994 AND PLAYED FINALS IN 1995, YOU HAVE TO TRADE SOMEONE GOOD TO GET SOMEONE GOOD :banghead :banghead :banghead

No that was 1993 and we made finals in 1995. Furthermore KB and Swoop had a core of 30 or so guys who had played 4-5 years of footy together. Our list has been chopped by Dimma due to its decay from the legacy of Wallet. Therefore there has been very few keepers to allow the side to gel and there are still more cuts to the list to be had. Any nuffer in footy knows that.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Trading lids... please, trading out a very good player for potentially a very good player, what a waste of time that would be. We need to cross our fingers lids wants be be a tiger when he is next out of contract. We cant afford to offload one of our best players who is nearing his peak.

hate to tell you all this, struggles against quality opposition
bad decision making today and turned the ball over

I think he had a pretty good game against Goddard in round 2.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »

Shucks, Ox, that's an awful nice thing to say.  :cheers
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 11:27:10 PM »
This thread is a poo cocktail.

Last one to take a dump, remember to flush and close the door behind you.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »

Ox, my learned colleague, I agree with you that to trade for something decent we need to trade out something decent.

Foley has value in the market place. If that could get a decent ruckman in exchange for Foley then it needs to be considered before Lids. Personally I wouldn't trade Lids. Outside of Lids; Cotchin, Martin and Reiwoldt are the only ones I look at putting the "not for trade" signs on at the minute  :thumbsup

I was going to suggest the same thing WP but I'll go a step further, I would be happy to use Foley as trade currency for the GWS '17-year old trade' or someone such as Butcher/Moore/Carlie (sp?). I'd love to keep him for depth but he is no longer a player you build a midfield around let alone a side where any of the three I mentioned above, the GWS 17 year old or a quality 1st stringer ruckman, would be. We may even have to sweeten the deal with an additonal late pick but it could be well worth it.

Just as an aside, I know one of the skills coaches at the Kanga's and they are prepared to play hard ball for MacIntosh. He is no longer in their plans but he was AA not long a go so any club that comes fishing can expect to pay over the odds for him.  :( May not be worth the effort but perhaps, given our well publicised ruck problems and desperate need for a ruckman, all clubs will be following a similar line.  :-\ Perhaps we should wait a year until free trading comes in and aim for a Trengrove who could help in the short term? I don't want to sell off our picks for average players.....

Oh and another thing, he went down to see the Coburg game too and was surprized by how little talent we have coming through. No one seems to be putting their hands up with all our young talent already playing. I hope his judgement is wrong.  :help

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
 i think he right, for the reason he gave - that most of our youth are playing afl.

depth will take a long time to develop. first we need 22 decent players to put on the park, then the depth will start to build.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »
I hope lid stays. If he goes they might as well board up punt road. If he wins a flag with the tigers it will be cadel-evans style for deledio. He should stay cause success for him would be sweet for him after the rabbel rfc was the day he was drafted.

There is a chance we can be 8th next season if all goes right

of those that played bs Geelong. Cotchin. Martin. Conca. Rance. Vickery. Batchelor. Griffiths. Should all be better with another preseason. Fitness of Derickx. Astbury. Grimes. Griffiths. Moore. Newman. Reiwoldt etc will play key role

I just fear that Deledio will do the runner next year. 7 years and no finals for him so far, and no sign of finals in the near future. He'd be keen to go to a finals bound side.

Positives:

We got to see what the umpiring will be like for us when we eventually come good. Selwood tackled over the boundary, then just threw the ball, nothing. Varcoe's handball over his head was a throw in the second quarter.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »

Dmac/Jacobi - ?
Helbig - injury
dea - sposed to be one of the ones commin thou.
Hicks/contin - won't make it you think
Taylor - fcked off
grimes - injury.
Westhoff / rubbish. 
Astbury - injury.
Browne/post - more time
Quote from: Stripes link=topi
c=13740.msg249437#msg249437 date=1311570132

I was going to suggest the same thing WP but I'll go a step further, I would be happy to use Foley as trade currency for the GWS '17-year old trade' or someone such as Butcher/Moore/Carlie (sp?). I'd love to keep him for depth but he is no longer a player you build a midfield around let alone a side where any of the three I mentioned above, the GWS 17 year old or a quality 1st stringer ruckman, would be. We may even have to sweeten the deal with an additonal late pick but it could be well worth it.

Just as an aside, I know one of the skills coaches at the Kanga's and they are prepared to play hard ball for MacIntosh. He is no longer in their plans but he was AA not long a go so any club that comes fishing can expect to pay over the odds for him.  :( May not be worth the effort but perhaps, given our well publicised ruck problems and desperate need for a ruckman, all clubs will be following a similar line.  :-\ Perhaps we should wait a year until free trading comes in and aim for a Trengrove who could help in the short term? I don't want to sell off our picks for average players.....

Oh and another thing, he went down to see the Coburg game too and was surprized by how little talent we have coming through. No one seems to be putting their hands up with all our young talent already playing. I hope his judgement is wrong.  :help