Author Topic: Brendon Lade on SEN @ 12.20pm  (Read 948 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendon Lade on SEN @ 12.20pm
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
Lade was just on SEN with Hartford ...

* Players are a bit sore as they are at this time of the year but we hope to win our last two games and finish off the year well.

* We came into the season with no set number of wins in mind. More about development and getting games into the young players.

* We are pleased with our list management. Getting games into Farmer, Conca and Vickery. Working on our structures.

* Got to keep up with the times and keep ahead of the game. So we have made slight changes a couple of times during the year.

* What happened in the 3rd qtr? We were losing the stoppages, losing the tackle count,... almost everything. Needed to batten down the hatchers and get their minds back on the ball. Lade was on the bench but he said Dimma was fairly heated in the box. 

* These days clubs try to get the leaders to take control on the ground. St Kilda do that well. We have a young list so that can be difficult at times but we try to get our young leaders to lead. We send out messages onto the ground in the 3rd quarter. We were able to turn it around in the last.

* Newy has been running laps today. May/could come back for the last game. However we won't rush him as there's no point rushing him back for one game when we aren't playing finals.

* Don't have many mature blokes to learn from so we try to get the young leaders to learn off each other. Cotch can learn off Lids for example. Lade said he's sure Cotch could be captain one day.

* Lade is part-time ruck coach and full-time midfield coach. Rucks take a fair while to develop unfortunately unless they are freaks like Naitanui and Leuenberger. Ours are still only 23 and 21 and are now starting to learn more about the game. The other Derickx broke his ankle sadly. Hopefully next year he can play some games for us.

* Basically Lade said we'll look to who's around over the offseason but hopefully our 3 rucks can take us forward next year if we don't find a ruckman in the offseason.

* Sad to see his old club Port in the state they are in and losing by big margins. They are rebuilding and it's not a great time to be rebuilding with GWS and GC coming in. They'll be trying to hold onto Trengove, Carlile and these guys.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Brendon Lade on SEN @ 12.20pm
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
Lade was just on SEN with Hartford ...

They'll be trying to hold onto Trengove, Carlile and these guys.

Who Port or Richmond ? :P ;D

Lol @ our 3 ruckmen - Derix however you spell is a big boy but a bit shorter than the others? An unkown quantity!
On Browne I have allways mantained as Lade mentioned the rucks take time but a mate went to Frankston on the weekend and has no time for him, thought he was useless.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »
All I will say on BrownE is why we continue to play blokes who are clearly carrying injuries this late into the season beggars belief.... I watched him a Coburg the week before and he could barely jump so if he is injured why play him or any other player for that matter. Just like this nonsense regarding Newman - seriously 2 games to go why bother trying to get him back for round 24 :banghead

Just on the 3 ruckman they are all about the same height:

DerixkX = Ht: 201cm Wt: 99Kgs

Gus = Ht: 201cm Wt: 102Kgs

BrownE = Ht: 203cm Wt: 105kgs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »

* We are pleased with our list management. Getting games into Farmer, Conca and Vickery. Working on our structures.

Huh?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »
 :lol

Farmer's not going anywhere.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:35:32 PM »

I agree, saw enough on Sunday to suggest we might keep him for at least another year.

:thumbsup

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »

I agree, saw enough on Sunday to suggest we might keep him for at least another year.

:thumbsup
A 'pretty' footballer but appears to lack pace

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »

I still think he is contracted for next season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 06:48:38 PM »