Author Topic: Learn from the Roos  (Read 1072 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Learn from the Roos
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
Tonight the Roos were shown up as the classic mid table side.
Looked strong against mediocre sides, quite competitive against some of the stronger sides like the hawks when the stakes were not that high but when it's all on the line against the Saints - kablamatango.
To have a 20 point lead and then only have 6 of the next 40 scores in the game was lamentable.

After finishing 9th in 2010 and now 2011, it appears North have peaked.

I have seen the north of 2011 too many times in years past play in black and yellow.

I really hope our current list and coaching panel understand the difference between what makes north what they are as compared to say the eagles.

Good sides stand up while mid table sides accept their fate.

Let's hope we show the Roos up next week like the saints did tonight - it might be an omen?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

Re: Learn from the Roos
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:31:37 PM »
Kangas coach ain't up to the job at hand!

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:33:10 PM »
Theyve lost 7 games by less than 3 goals. Wouldnt judge them too harshly this season, next season is their litmus test. But I see your point

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »
After finishing 9th in 2010 and now 2011, it appears North have peaked.

I have seen the north of 2011 too many times in years past play in black and yellow.

I really hope our current list and coaching panel understand the difference between what makes north what they are as compared to say the eagles.

Good sides stand up while mid table sides accept their fate.
Yep only being able to beat bottom sides to finish 9th is self-defeating. I hope the Tiges remember that in the next 8 days.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »
It smells like shitboner spirit to me
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »
It smells like pooboner spirit to me

lol.

Biggest worry for the kangas is Petrie and Harvey are getting on. They have drafted a lot of good solid kids but no genuine matchwinners. We have Lids, Martin, Cotch, Riewoldt to win games for us. Who have they got that can win a game for his side when required? Most of theirs are more the Vickery, Conca, Rance, Houli who are very good footballers but aren't superstars.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »

y cant u get a coaching job, u think u know it all

we r all sick of the way u think u know it all but know jack poo

all u ever do is state the bleeding obvious as if ur some kinda figjam legend

get over it

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »

But he sounds so smart on the Kangaroo and Hawthorn Insider show on Tuesday nights..  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 10:32:51 AM »
This year we've beaten a few top 8 sides, Sydney, Essendon.....draw with St.kilda. But really those sides are making up the numbers.

If we get a decent run with injuries I see us within the bottom half of the top 8 next year.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:40:09 PM by Dubstep Dookie »

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
Just then on the sunday footy show they had a stat showing wins over past 2 seasons against teams that are higher then them. North have only beaten teams higher then them on the ladder 4 times.
Swans 9 times and Bombers 9 and a half.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
Just then on the sunday footy show they had a stat showing wins over past 2 seasons against teams that are higher then them. North have only beaten teams higher then them on the ladder 4 times.

Yup. Says it all really.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »

Yup. Says it all really.

Most sides we beat are above us on the ladder anyway considering we have finished 15th in the last two seasons. Every win we have had bar West Coast last year and Melbourne in the tank match in 2009 has been to a side above us on the ladder.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Nought are where we were circa 2006-09. Older players are their best players and are getting on in years. Scott has some real hard decisions this off season otherwise they will be bottom four for the next few years and with their imaginary supporter base they may be playing out Hobart permanently.
Brady Rawlings retiring next week Harvey was given a contract extension, Petrie, Firrito, Edwards, Wells getting on in years and are still a backbone of their side. Furthermore some of their early draft picks have not come on as they would have liked.

It's not so much us learning from Naught we may have hit rock bottom and are on the way up. We still have deficiencies in our list but our best players are babies in football terms. Naught have not really bottomed out in the last 20 years or so and it won't be pretty for them. They could learn from us . Then again eff the charcterless morons.

If they win next week for Rawlings they will call it skataboner spirit. Let them. I'll take our upside over the skataboner spirit against bottom 8 sides and floggings to all sides in the 8 bar Essendon who were in the middle of a five game losing stretch.