Author Topic: Do we have any players other clubs will trade for?  (Read 953 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Do we have any players other clubs will trade for?
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »
The one caveat,  it excludes our untouchables which include Dusty, Cotchin, Lids, Jack, Bacher, TV and The Pantsman.

Be fair dinkum, which of our players would other clubs want?
What would be a fair trade?
Is that worthwhile in a shallow, compromised draft?

I reckon we will struggle to move anyone from the club unless they are de-listed.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Do we have any players other clubs will trade for?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
Maybe Nahas but I doubt we would trade him away after just resigning him.

A club also might look at Edwards but once again I doubt a club would offer what we would want for him though.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:03 PM »
I agree, we dont have an excess of even servicable players really. Jackson, Morton, McGuane, White, Conners could be offered up as sweetners in trades involving draft picks.

I think our compo pick is probably our best bargaining tool. Sides may pay overs for a pick like that.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
I have said this many times there are players we as supporters view as list cloggers that other teams in the comp for whatever reason think are decent players. What we think of them becomes irrelevant  ;D

So with that in mind I reckon

Foley
Jackson
Edwards
Morton

have some value

So IMHO

Reckon you'd easily get a late 1st round pick for Foley if you looked to a GWS, N0rt, Saints, Port or Bulldogs to deal with.

Jackson for reasons that totally escape me would get you a very late 1st round pick off a Sydney or a 2nd round pick of a GWS or GC

Edwards would get you something from either of the SA teams - what? too hard to guage

Morton - can see GWS or Brisbane wanting someone like Mitch

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:41:14 PM »
So with that in mind I reckon

Foley
Jackson
Edwards
Morton

have some value

That's about right. I'd like to ad Connors, Graham & White but reality is they're not worth much.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »
With the possible exception of Foley, I don't think any of those players would be traded. I wish we could bet this stuff on sports bet!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
I have said this many times there are players we as supporters view as list cloggers that other teams in the comp for whatever reason think are decent players. What we think of them becomes irrelevant  ;D

Your right there. I know there's alot of tiger fans that rate him high but I didn't think last year anyone would be willing to do a trade with us for Andrew Collins.