Author Topic: Who else watches it?  (Read 4479 times)

froars

Who else watches it?
« on: March 18, 2005, 11:28:20 AM »
Desperate Housewives has to be the best "light" show on tellie for a while.
Interesting listening to Virginia Trioli on 774 bagging the crap out of it saying i wouldn't watch something like that - god i hate intellectual snobs lol.  I wonder if she's seen an episode or just had pre-conceived ideas that it would be bad.
Favourite character would be Susan, the one who can't do anything right (reminds me of myself), and the mother of all the kids who i can't remember her name, but she is fantastic in her character.
Anyone else watch it?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Who else watches it?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 12:27:53 PM »
Desperate Housewives has to be the best "light" show on tellie for a while.

I like "black" or dark comedy and this show is the funniest thing that's come along in ages. Priceless - our household is addicted.

Favourite character would be Susan, the one who can't do anything right (reminds me of myself), and the mother of all the kids who i can't remember her name, but she is fantastic in her character.

The mother with the horror kids and that's been poopin' their ADD medication is called Lynette :thumbsup

I reckon Edi's a scream - the one who took Susan to the bar last week and rode the mechanical bull  :lol. I remember Nicolette Sheridan from Knots Landing - a show I got addicted to in High School
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 12:39:42 PM »
I remember Nicolette Sheridan from Knots Landing
She also did a flick out here and the filming was done down at Phillip Island.  I know because my daughter was supposed to be her double in some of the beach scenes. The weather was about 15 deg and here's my girl standing around in a bikini freezing her you know whats off for a weekend, and by the end of it, there was only one half second glimpse of her  :rollin
But she got good money for the weekend shoot, all her meals and accommodation.  Good little rort "sometimes" doing extras.
The name of the movie, Silver Strand http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114449/, a totally forgettable movie lol.  It had Dougie from Price is Right or one of those shows with the male models in it as well  :rollin
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 12:52:14 PM by Moi »

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 07:24:52 PM »
Yeah I can relate to Lynette at times.  Other times Susan.  Definitely not Bree or Gabrielle.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 02:46:48 PM »
Haven't watched it but i'd give it a watch if Terry Hatcher is going to get poled on a particualr episode.

froars

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 04:55:28 PM »
Haven't watched it but i'd give it a watch if Terry Hatcher is going to get poled on a particualr episode.
If Terry Hatcher is Gabrielle, she gets more than her share from the gardener every week  :shh

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »
Teri Hatcher is Susan.