Author Topic: Tigers' odds are juicy (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1371 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers' odds are juicy (Herald-Sun)
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:12:25 AM »
Tigers' odds are juicy
By Joe Punter
Herald-Sun
Friday 23 March 2012, Page 85

AS ANY Richmond supporter will tell you, barracking for the Tigers can be best described as character building.

Two finals appearances in the past 30 years don't really leave you with a glass half full attitude.

Some of the older generation take comfort in reminiscing about the golden years of the 1960s and '70s, through to Kevin Bartlett's match-winning performance in the 1980 Grand Final.

Since then there has been little to cheer about, other than Matthew Knights single-handedly leading us to victory in a final over Essendon in 1995 and knocking Carlton out of the finals in 2001.

While those memories make us smile, the fact those two clubs have combined for eight premierships since our last flag quickly erases it.

Rival supporters used to mock Richo's ``tantrums'', but we applauded the great man's passion and wished the other 21 players in yellow and black cared as much.

Sure we get bragging rights at the pub about having the best theme song, but the rebuttal from opposition supporters that it doesn't matter when we never get to hear it quickly puts us back in our place and there isn't a bad joke about finishing ninth we haven't heard.

But we Tiger fans are a resilient bunch, and now we can say with confidence, IT'S TIGER TIME!

After a brilliant pre-season, in which we claimed the scalps of Hawthorn and Geelong, we aren't talking premierships just yet.

But by no means are we ruling them out.

So, jump on the Tigers' bandwagon and snap up the $3 on offer to beat Carlton at the MCG next Thursday night, spec the $9 on a top-four finish and have a gold coin on them for the flag at $81.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers' odds are juicy (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:19:33 AM »
FFS, ok we don't need articles like this, if the boys start reading how good they are now we will be stuffed come round one....

Enough with the press, or RFC ban the players from reading the hype......could be our undoing as it has in the past.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »
FFS, ok we don't need articles like this, if the boys start reading how good they are now we will be stuffed come round one....

Enough with the press, or RFC ban the players from reading the hype......could be our undoing as it has in the past.

Right, the media will stuff our finals plans.
Garbage.
Not being good enough will do it, not the media.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »

Garbage.

IMO the lads couldn't give a stuff about junk slow news day articles like these. From what I have seen, they are the most focused I have seen in a long time.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »

Garbage.

Like last year when they started reading their own press......when we went in against Port and GC....no worries chump!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:41:15 AM »
They were at least a week slow on this anyway.  The tiges were value at $3.60, now they've been hammered into $2.75.  Any shorter than that and the market has officially lost it's head and got caught up far too much is the Blues poor pre-season.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »
Will be $2.50 by Thursday.