Author Topic: Gary March says Richmond primed for giant step (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2751 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Gary March says Richmond primed for giant step (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
March should not talk full stop. I think B Gale needs to do the talking and March should just shut up.

I was at a pre-macth function last night and Benny Gale said exactly the same things as March because that's where the club sees itself as being right now. So it's OK for Benny to sell the Club's Mantra but not March even though are singing from the same hymm book?

I ask the same question - if this HUN article was with Gale and not March would people be as annoyed/critical?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »
I'll say this William, Gale has savvy in that his answers leave less or no room for follow up questions that will present an opportunity to show what foot in mouth disease is.

In answer to your specific question Gale spoke internally about our vision and prospects whereas March went public 2 days from the game with the same comments.

Nothing wrong with that because as a club if we want the blockbusters and the Friday night slot we need to handle the pressure and the scrutiny that comes with it but until we do we need to have one person mosr probably Benny to convey the selected version of what goes out publically and the others at the club can toe that line.

March needs to just not reveal too much.
After all we fail to make finals this year and Gale's (Clubs) vision of 3-0-75 is mothballs.

Despite everything I believe Gale I believe is the best off field appointment this club has seen since Neville Crowe and I feel that when March speaks he puts extra pressure on the club due to him not having the smarts to nip things in the bud straight away and providing too much ammo for those outside the club to shoot us down.

Even if we won the flag I can see March on the MCG five minutes after the siren saying we can three or four peet to blokes in the media. :help

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
bottom line is that whatever March said, and it was only ONE comment, had no bearing what so ever on the result last night.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »
Of course not AL but he does not sound as professional as what Benny does and words coming from Benny's mouth hold more creedence than March's IMHO.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
March has no creditability in the public arena, and thus should be kept away from it. Gale has credibility and should be the voice of the club.
Go Tigers!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
When was the last time we heard from Carltons President?

That's because he is an ex player and puts team before ego.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”