Author Topic: Changes next week for the Eagles game?  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Changes next week for the Eagles game?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »
Would have to look at bringing in Webberly for Maric, maybe Gus for Vicks or Miller and either give White another go or swap him for McGuane.

I would like to see Griff get a go to but I just can't see us making too many changes.

Webberly is not AFL standard period.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
Would have to look at bringing in Webberly for Maric, maybe Gus for Vicks or Miller and either give White another go or swap him for McGuane.

I would like to see Griff get a go to but I just can't see us making too many changes.

LMAO off WAT Gus and McGuane.......

Deckchairs on the Titanic

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »

LMAO off WAT Gus and McGuane.......

Sorry chuck, we should just keep accepting some of the crap that is being dished up at the moment.....why not we have be accepting it for years..

Who in your knowledgeable opinion will cover Cox and Nic then...mini maric???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »

Webberly is not AFL standard period.

Well the Coach for Coburg has a different opinion...but hey....what would he know.... ::)

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »

I'm not chuck but hopefully I am allowed to offer an opinion  ;D

To be honest I don't think we can cover them or counter them. they are going to win the majority of hitouts that's a fact.

What I reckon can do and should do is plan our clearance work around their tap work, in other words we "rove" to their hitouts not just at centre bounces but a round the ground. We control; the stoppages and clearances, take advantage of their work and win those clearances.

Top teams do it all the time, about time we thought like a top team, use an opposition strength to our advantage  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »

I'm not chuck but hopefully I am allowed to offer an opinion  ;D

To be honest I don't think we can cover them or counter them. they are going to win the majority of hitouts that's a fact.

What I reckon can do and should do is plan our clearance work around their tap work, in other words we "rove" to their hitouts not just at centre bounces but a round the ground. We control; the stoppages and clearances, take advantage of their work and win those clearances.

Top teams do it all the time, about time we thought like a top team, use an opposition strength to our advantage  :thumbsup

Yep thats fine WP, but every time we play them this same call is made, we rove to their tap work and it never bloody happens. Not only that but we then have no one to go with them then and they either put on a show around the ground or kick a bag each....one drops back in defence etc...someone has to stand up here!!

Bloody hell, Vickery played most of his football against Nat and beat him.....many moons ago it seems now. :banghead

Surely we need to try something else.

"Rucks: