Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 954 times)

dwaino

Walking Dead
« on: July 20, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
Ripper series. First time I've been hooked on a series since maybe X-Files. Fringe came close. Not usually into zombie stuff either. Anyone else into it?

Trailer for season 3 came out recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JB8prormWU

Looks like it's just getting better and better though. I never read the original comic/story, but from what I understand we're off to the  prison now we're stuff is about to go down. Currently reading Rise of the Governor (http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Rise-Governor/dp/1250008395/ref=pd_sim_b_10) to get my fix. These days I just wait for seasons to come out on bluray and watched them in a few sittings, but I'm seriously considering upgrading my Foxtel to get the movie stations (only package I don't have  :-[) so I can get Showtime and watch season 3 when it comes out.

The video game by Tell Tale Games is great too. Well, it's more of a choose your own adventure. The writing is true to the Walking Dead universe and just as enthralling.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
Love zombie stuff, have to check it out :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »
Good stuff. While there is still blood and gore, it's more to do with the human relationships and how they exist in a post apocalyptic world. This peed off some zombie fans who are more into stuff like 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead and stuff. Walking Dead is far more dramatic and cultured, but still more than ample brain splattering ;D. Even my missus is hooked and she's a wuss. Some good actors too. Lauren Cohen comes into season 2  :whistle she was a total babe in Supernatural.

gerkin greg

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
S2 was a bit of a drag, there were a few too many episodes where nothing really happened, but looking forward to the crazy prick with the sword and the pet walkers in S3.

Hopefully the kid dies, he shjts me to tears. Was overjoyed when the old prick copped a chest fisting from uncle munchy.

dwaino

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
I liked S1 more when they moved around, but keeping to the comics they regularly just revolved around one place. Herschel's farm was important, so is Woodbury so expect S3 revolved mostly there  :P

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Hopefully Philip Blake is as sadistic and big of a prick as the story.

gerkin greg

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
Daryl is the best, reminds me of Davey

Don't know if you ever watched Teachers, but I keep expecting Andrew Lincoln to bust out a cigarette and a Pommy accent