Author Topic: Tigers must kick well to kick on: Grigg (RFC)  (Read 1307 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers must kick well to kick on: Grigg (RFC)
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
Tigers must kick well to kick on
By richmondfc.com.au
Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hard-running midfielder Shaun Grigg rates kicking efficiency as a key element in Richmond’s quest to take the next step in 2013 . . .

Read more here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-26/tigers-must-kick-well-to-kick-on

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers must kick well to kick on: Grigg (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »
It's funny but a used to be only able to name a handful of tigers players that are a reliable, efficient kicks but now I feel it is easier to name those who I feel are not reliable kicks.

For me I feel that Jackson, White, McGuane, Rance and Nahas are not consistent field kicks. Statistics may prove me wrong but this is how I see it. Have I missed any?

I thought about adding Maric but, despite having a very careful almost awkward style, he seems to pinpoint every kick I've seen him take.

:cheers

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:14:08 PM »
It's funny but a used to be only able to name a handful of tigers players that are a reliable, efficient kicks but now I feel it is easier to name those who I feel are not reliable kicks.

For me I feel that Jackson, White, McGuane, Rance and Nahas are not consistent field kicks. Statistics may prove me wrong but this is how I see it. Have I missed any?

I thought about adding Maric but, despite having a very careful almost awkward style, he seems to pinpoint every kick I've seen him take.

Pretty spot on with your feeling there – missed King and Morris who can be a bit iffy. All regularly play in the same side so that's still a third of the side with dodgy kicks, but it used to be the opposite. Hopefully a good helping of those get moved on at the end of the year.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »
No doubt they will, if all goes well  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:05:42 AM »
Agree. No more helicopters Grigga
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:15:45 AM »
Dont like Griggs kicking, although not terrible he never really "pinpoints" any kicks

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
Words are cheap. Over to you Shaun.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 07:41:33 AM »

Pretty spot on with your feeling there – missed King and Morris who can be a bit iffy. All regularly play in the same side so that's still a third of the side with dodgy kicks, but it used to be the opposite. Hopefully a good helping of those get moved on at the end of the year.

Morris shouldn't be included, he plays back with the very rare visit forward, only if he carry's on running...like saying the same of Kellaway!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
Morris turns it over by foot, he should be included. Grigga wasn't talking just about goal kicking. And can't believe I missed giving Grigga his whack, although he was much much better last year.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 09:47:54 AM »
Morris turns it over by foot, he should be included. Grigga wasn't talking just about goal kicking. And can't believe I missed giving Grigga his whack, although he was much much better last year.

Ah yes, sorry, thought it was goal kicking he focused on.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:37 AM »
The Tigers have a lot of work today kicking the ball into the forward line based on what I saw last Friday night.....