Author Topic: Hardwick's aftermatch press conference  (Read 1381 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's aftermatch press conference
« on: March 09, 2013, 04:22:15 PM »
Dimma is happy with the win, but not getting carried away and knows there are still things to work on

http://twitter.yfrog.com/oez06wnj#pcIvf5t0gXv7iOio.99

Rampstar

Re: Hardwick's aftermatch press conference
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
Dimma is happy with the win, but not getting carried away and knows there are still things to work on

How could anyone get carried away with today it was a terrible team performance today.

Gigantor

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
I was quite pleased with todays performance.I thought we were the aggressors throughout.Some sloppy hand and foot work cost on a few occasions,but hey the conditions seemed quite trying so you would expect skill to be not A grade.
To me at least we now seem like a club who wont give up at all.And to me this has been the most pleasing aspect of the pre season.The fact that we can conjure up a win in the dying seconds of a game speaks volumes about the maturity of the playing group.Some of the boys still have some way to go ,but lets just get games in them and see.2 that quickly come to mind are vicks and Griff.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
Shows how much we have improved when we played at 60% and were rarely headed all day atcan away game at hawthorns fortress, .times are a changing tigers :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

How could anyone get carried away with today it was a terrible team performance today.

How could our coach be "happy" beating a C+ Grade Hawthorn team by one point?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »
The Hawks had 12 out. Should have won comfortably.

However, there was some really good signs in the game especially in the  first half of the first quarter. The game deteriorated quit rapidly for us after half time. We controlled the game from start to finish even when it appeared Hawthorne were getting it together (When we started we'd pull away, when we stopped they gained)

Very scrappy game with some good moments. Lonergan was shocking, Rance was good.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »

How could our coach be "happy" beating a C+ Grade Hawthorn team by one point?
Maybe Dimma's happy because no one will go into round 1 thinking we're 'there' yet. He'll definitely be happy that Blair Hartley got him Chaplin with Grimes still a few weeks away from coming back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »
Summary of Dimma's aftermatch press conference:

* Scrappy game. We were poor at various stages. We tried a few things today which didn't come off at stages. Great for the guys to close off the game but a bit of work to do.

* We've had an issue with our ball use inside forward 50 over the past 12 months. Certainly tried certain stuff today. Tried to find targets inside 50 which resulted in 6 goals straight to the opposition. We've got some tape so we'll work our way through it which is a positive.

* Newman will play wing this year however he got a knock on his leg and we were out of rotations so we just had to rest him forward. He kicked two for us in the last quarter which is a positive for us.

* Dimma was asked if this was our most successful NAB Cup campaign since he's been at the Club and Dimma responded with a "pfft!". He added we might have won the same number of games last year he's not sure. We're playing okay footy but we've still got some work to do. Hawthorn had a truck load of players so we're under no illusions we should have won the game with the talent we had in the side. We just got over the line so from our point of view it wasn't good enough.

* Winning close games is important. It's just another experience and part of the guys development to learn to close out those close games. From that point of view it was good. No doubt good for confidence. We've won two games in the past week on the last kick which is a plus but we don't want to be doing that every week across the season. We felt we had our chances to exploit the scoreboard a bit more but it didn't eventuate.

* Dimma was asked about the free to Roughead (his 5th goal). Dimma replied in the NAB Cup we're not worried about the result but how the breakdown happened and why. While it's great to win a game we're not overly concerned about where the scoreboard is at.

* 3-1 in the preseason means we're progressing in the right way in the things we're doing but there's still areas we need to work on before we knuckle down with Carlton in round 1. We're got another next week possibly against the Bulldogs so we're looking forward to that challenge as well.

* Thought Chaplin was good. No doubt important to have a bigger body down there and he was good in a couple a crucial contests where he won the ball and got it moving forward for us. He'll only get better. That will be the worst and rustiest he'll be but he certainly showed the reason why we brought his across.

* Is Chaplin the great white hope you've been looking for? We don't like relying on just one player. It's about the whole back six which was a bit scratchy down there today. Rance had his ups and downs; Batchelor had his ups and downs. We think we've got some guys who we think can come back down there - Grimes obviously in about round 2. Having said that the back six are certainly starting to jell together.

* Not sure about injuries but we did have a few sore boys after today's game. It was some pretty oppressive conditions out there. Tassie sun - when it does get hot it gets hot. The heat policy was in play today [ed. 10 min QT and 3QT breaks].

* Jack's goal after the siren was obviously good. He had a bit of an up and down game. He tried to pass it off a few too many times. He had a number of opportunities where he could've kicked goals but didn't. I'd rather it be that way than the other way. I'd guess it was a good way for him to finish in his home state.

* Jack is overall No.1 in our goal assists even last year he was. He's pretty good. He's just got to realise when you're running into an open goal .... he's paid to kick goals so kick the goals. I'm sure he'll take that on board.

* One of those games where I didn't think we had that many good players. I thought Hawthorn had more impressive players - Hill was causing us some massive grief on the wing and Mitchell at various stages. I thought our boys were a bit off today to be honest. I think Hawthorn had more positives today than we did.   

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 07:50:30 PM »

You maybe got carried away with the first snippet of the Presser, clearly Dimma wasn't overly happy with today.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
Says it how it is, love it

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »
I guess a positive is that most of the poor ball use was from players that usually use it better. It was an off day for them, we know they can play better than that.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »
KISS jack can't find a firkin target! Inside 50 have a ping ffs