Author Topic: Coburg vs Northern Blues --- Sunday April 21  (Read 10130 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Coburg vs Northern Blues --- Sunday April 21
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
Foley needs at least 2 more games, sounds like kingy might struggle to get up helbig might get a chance, dimma loves him
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2013, 07:46:11 PM »
WP were you that hippy looking bloke(hair down to his ass) with the 2 white terriers?

terriers? You've got to be joking   ;D

We only have big dogs in our family not little snappers  :lol and I only bought one of mine with me today

Oh.....

And I have very short hair  :laugh:
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »
How was Aaron Edwards' defensive game?

If good, he should come in for McGuane.

How was Vlastuin? He should come in for Morris!

How was Nahas? He should come in for Shane Edwards!

How was Helbig? He should come in for King!

How was Griffiths? He should come in for Vickery!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
As much as I don't want him in the side 7 goals sees Edwards into the side.

No ifs buts or maybes he will play

Kingy out if injured if not Knights

Agree, can't look past that!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Might be "lock up" in for "the weapon"? Could be jazz hands again for Mr V1agra
 ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:38 PM »
Thanks OE....well I did say if Edwards had a good one..... :o

GO FOLEY!!!! Still don't think he will be called up even if he has a blinder, they will give him one more week.

Back at ya Y&B... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2013, 03:10:45 AM »
''We had Brad Helbig playing some good football today and Matty White keeps presenting at this level as well so it's certainly very competitive,'' Tim Clarke said.

Aaron Edwards was also a chance for a recall after booting seven goals to go with 16 disposals and 12 marks.

Helbig (27 disposals), Orren Stephenson (19 disposals, 35 hitouts), Robin Nahas (17 disposals) and Nick Vlastuin (9) also showed plenty of touch.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/impressive-comeback-by-foley-for-coburg-20130421-2i8i6.html#ixzz2R7QIMnTe

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »
Coburg coach Tim Clarke's summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at Coburg last Sunday:

Brad Helbig

Played a really good game through the midfield and across half-back, picking up 27 possessions.  His absence through injury the previous week really hurt the team.  A major highlight of Brad’s performance was his contested work, which was fantastic, along with his ball use, both centre-back and centre-forward.

Ben Darrou

Very impressive again at full-back.  Played on promising Carlton-listed key forward Luke Mitchell for most of the day and beat him.   ‘Killed’ the ball decisively in the air and used it really well offensively.  Also was good for the team to get him back after he’d missed the previous round due to injury.

Matt Arnot

An above average performance.  Had about 20 touches and provided some of the run and dash that was such a feature of his game earlier in the year.  Was caught at times with the ball, so he needs to be quicker by hand.

Orren Stephenson

Outstanding in the ruck – an inspirational workhorse.  We were forced to play Tom Derickx at full-back, which meant he took about 90% of the ruck work burden.  He won 35 hit-outs and was terrific around the ground as well, taking 11 marks.

Nathan Foley

Was terrific in his comeback appearance, playing the first half.  Played as a high forward and through the midfield.  Highlight of his game was getting the ball in the middle, taking a bounce, and kicking a goal from 45 metres out.  Exciting for Richmond that he’s not far away from AFL selection.

Robin Nahas

Played three quarters in a role across half-forward and on-ball.  Provided plenty of run and carry through the midfield and also hit the scoreboard, finishing with two important goals.

Matt Dea

Played a half and was very good again across half-back.  Defensively, he was much better than the previous week, and he still used the ball well to the team’s advantage.

Aaron Edwards

A top-class, seven-goal display.  Was the most dangerous forward on the ground.  Leading patterns, and body use, were a real feature of his game.  Is doing everything he can to gain AFL selection.

Matt McDonough

Started across half-back and then was moved through the midfield and up forward due to rotations.  Was really lively after half-time, producing possibly his best performance of the year.  Marking was a highlight of his game.

Brett O’Hanlon

Played wing and half-back for the majority of the match.  Gave the side consistent run and carry through the mid-zone.  Impacted the scoreboard as well.

Matt White

Provided plenty of midfield run in the first half.  Was missed in the second half when rested.  Work hard into defence and linked up well through the midfield.

Steve Verrier

Had a solid game across half-back offensively, but needs to work on getting his starting points right defensively.

Tom Derickx

Had to play an important role at full-back on strong Carlton-listed key forward Levi Casboult, due to the late withdrawal from the team of Dave Astbury.  Competed really well, despite his lack of training in this area.

Todd Elton

Provided a really good target up forward, with his strong leads and strong hands.  A breakout game from him is not far away.

Nick Vlastuin

Came on-ball in the second half and provided good, solid body inside.  Picked up nine possessions in the half he played.  Needs to work on getting more uncontested ball.

Jake Batchelor

Played the first half, across half-back, on quality Carlton-listed player Jeremy Laidler.  Was good in his role and helped set the team up offensively with his good ball use.

Cadeyn Williams

Unfortunately, hurt his groin and shoulder during the game.  Was playing his inside-midfield role well before then.  Needs to work on surging from contests.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-23/coburg-report-round-3

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »
Sorry for late report. I've been busy kicking ass.  
Went down for the second half so I can only comment on that. 
Dea looked a class above. Provided tremendous drive off half back. Got a tonne of the pill and looked composed. Didnt see the howler others have noted. Looked very clean to me. He seems to have improved every year. Should replace Morris. 
Arnott - fierce at the man and ball, but needs to fix up his disposal before he plays afl. 
Helbig - played a sweeping role and got plenty of it. Not super damaging but didn't waste it. Close to seniors. 
Elton - Led hard and took a couple of strong grabs. Snapped a goal. Was far from dominant but may offer more up forward than Vicks at the moment. Was taking ruck duties in the forward line too and looked ok. 
Vlas - Tough and clean in the clinches.  A very good size already. Taller than I expected. He is ready. Get him the stuff in!
A. Edwards. Dominant. Strong hands and clever body work. Very good at vfl level. 
Big O was solid in the ruck. Was running hard and taking strong grabs around the ground. 
Darrau is a formidable size and did a few good things. Just needs to get his hands on it a bit more I think. 
I Was standing close to a vocal Chocco. He was barking orders when anyone was within ear shot. Ie. 'Run don't walk Nick!' telling Vlas to hit the contest at pace during a boundary throw in right in front of us. 
Foley came out to the huddle at half time. His crook leg is tiny compared to the other. Still a few weeks away you'd think. 
Kingy looked very ginger in the stands. 
We must have lost the game in the second quarter because it appeared to be a very even contest after half time. Iether way, I was impressed with the performance of our guys. There are certainly some fellas putting their hands up for senior selection.

gerkin greg

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
Thanks Willy

From Tim Clarke's Coburg report it sounded like we won by 150 and everyone is a budding brownlow medalist

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »
Thanks Willy

From Tim Clarke's Coburg report it sounded like we won by 150 and everyone is a budding brownlow medalist

Much vaunted depth at Tigerland  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.