Author Topic: hedging our bets.  (Read 569 times)

the claw

hedging our bets.
« on: November 22, 2013, 12:30:32 AM »
we just took what is best described as three forwards in the nd. two of them will be 24 at the start of next yr.
what i dont get is why we did not chase chapman and gone about addressing needs differently. this is not a go at the blokes we took im happy to get em . but if sml/med forwards and mature ones at that are the go its obviously about making finals again next yr why not get the best available if its about next yr.
i have to say im continually bemused with the way we go about it. seems we continually want the best of both worlds always hedging our bets.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: hedging our bets.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:38:58 AM »
we just took what is best described as three forwards in the nd. two of them will be 24 at the start of next yr.
what i dont get is why we did not chase chapman and gone about addressing needs differently. this is not a go at the blokes we took im happy to get em . but if sml/med forwards and mature ones at that are the go its obviously about making finals again next yr why not get the best available if its about next yr.
i have to say im continually bemused with the way we go about it. seems we continually want the best of both worlds always hedging our bets.

We didn't want to pay $300k a year for 2 years for a 32 year old with a dodgy injury history.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:07:14 AM »

We didn't want to pay $300k a year for 2 years for a 32 year old with a dodgy injury history.
Them pesky salary caps.  :shh

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 06:22:57 AM »

Exactly.
10 PREMIERSHIPS