Author Topic: RFC List Management - Premiership Tilt  (Read 3246 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC List Management - Premiership Tilt
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »
My attitude is if a player is going to go you get something for them.  Sounds like Martin isn't going anywhere though and Conca has signed a 3 year.

Regarding plan A short term or B long term, I'm all for plan B with our top draft picks.  And I don't mind recruiting older players with our lower/later picks to fill holes.  Its what we've been doing since Hardwick's started and it's working.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »
Whoever it was in their wisdom that picked Griffiths ahead Fyfe in the 2009 draft will have to live with one of the dumbest selection decisions of all time. Should be right up there with Tambling/Franklin and Fiora/Pavlich selections and you can throw in Vickery/takeyourpick selection decision too.

I truly hope that fellow isn't at the club anymore because he's a first round pick wonder and even that's debatable (see Vickery).

P. S. this bunch of Sheila's couldn't even beat a team of cheats. Everyone and his dog knows Gibbs hates the tough stuff and he's a stuffin champion against a team of pretending jokers.
Give me a stuffing break.   :banghead

Claw posts make a lot of sense now.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
And Gee Mr Tigra if only we'd taken Anthony Morabito ahead of Dustin Martin then it would be us playing Hawthorn this weekend instead of the Dockers  ::)
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
Whoever it was in their wisdom that picked Griffiths ahead Fyfe in the 2009 draft will have to live with one of the dumbest selection decisions of all time. Should be right up there with Tambling/Franklin and Fiora/Pavlich selections and you can throw in Vickery/takeyourpick selection decision too.

I truly hope that fellow isn't at the club anymore because he's a first round pick wonder and even that's debatable (see Vickery).

P. S. this bunch of Sheila's couldn't even beat a team of cheats. Everyone and his dog knows Gibbs hates the tough stuff and he's a stuffin champion against a team of pretending jokers.

Heres a link to the 2008 national draft:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_AFL_Draft

There is quality before and after Ty, I have been a defender of him and next year is the year im expecting big things from him. If he doesnt deliver then send out the lynch mob but lets not get carried away right now. That shoulder injury alone would have destroyed his confidence not taking into account he was played injured in 2012 for a number of games until they finally pulled the pin.

Once again, I agree he has been dissapointing but he should be coming into that window now  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 12:09:32 AM »

Griffiths clearly hasn't reached his potential but write off KP players at your own peril. Look how much Rance has improved? Tom Hawkins? Just stupid to write of KP players before 23-24. Club looking to give him 1 year next year to prove himself. I think that's about fair.

To his defence he was drafted as a forward and has been put down back so he hasn't had a chance to properly develop yet.

And pointless argument vs Griffiths and Fyfe. If you want to shoot down the Griffiths selection compare him to other KP players. Aaron Black was just about the best forward in the U18s that year from WA and we chose Griffiths instead of him at 25 and went to North.

Fyfe is an onballer we needed to draft a forward as Vickery was drafted as a Ruckman. It was the right selection at the time Griffiths over Fyfe, looking back we probably should have picked Black.
Go Tigers!

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 01:15:06 AM »

Griffiths clearly hasn't reached his potential but write off KP players at your own peril. Look how much Rance has improved? Tom Hawkins? Just stupid to write of KP players before 23-24. Club looking to give him 1 year next year to prove himself. I think that's about fair.

To his defence he was drafted as a forward and has been put down back so he hasn't had a chance to properly develop yet.

And pointless argument vs Griffiths and Fyfe. If you want to shoot down the Griffiths selection compare him to other KP players. Aaron Black was just about the best forward in the U18s that year from WA and we chose Griffiths instead of him at 25 and went to North.

Fyfe is an onballer we needed to draft a forward as Vickery was drafted as a Ruckman. It was the right selection at the time Griffiths over Fyfe, looking back we probably should have picked Black.
No it's very very simple;
Round 2   pick 19   Tigers   Benjamin Griffiths
Round 2   pick 20   Dockers   Nathan Fyfe

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

.....And with hindsight.  ;D

And what should I expect from Griff next year?
A Tom Hawkins or an Alex Rance or an Aaron Black?????

All I see when I see or hear Griffiths name is FYFE! 
And when I watch freo and see Fyfe I shake my head in disbelief just as I do when I see Pavlich...oops I suppose we shouldn't compare Pavlich with Fiora because ones a KPF and we shouldn't compare Tambling with Franklin because ones a KPF. 

stuff it!
I'll compare it just the same thankyou because one player is a gun and the other is a dud.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
hmm, one person here is making sense, the other is just digitally raping them self.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »
Something else worth noting that at the time Fyfe was always touted to slip well down the draft order due to inconsistent junior form and his skinny frame. If any club was going to take a chance on him it was always going to be a WA side. FWIW many of the phantom drafts had Troy Taylor going before Fyfe :o

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
If only we had bought him a house..............................sigh.