Author Topic: New Numbers A Disgrace!  (Read 1042 times)

PuntRdRoar

New Numbers A Disgrace!
« on: June 18, 2005, 08:48:26 PM »
Ok boyz and girls in the Richmond Administration, i know your not geniuses- youve proved that often enough...but a nice simple question for you to consider- How many attempts do you need to get the numbers of the back of the Guernseys right?

Just a nice easy simple question. Now I know your all busy patting yourselves on the back after a good start...but the wheels are well and truly falling off now- the pretenders on the field are showing themselves up again...and again....and again, but seriously how hard is it to fix the numbers on the back of the guernsey. You guys are travelling so well at Punt Road that youve actually made the numbers worse. Now you cant see them at all. But because im Ramps, and I told you you were gonna finish last last season and you wanted me to come to Punt Road to meet you all because you disagreed with me...Ill let you in on a little secret.

1) Make the numbers Fatter and Thicker
2) Revert back to the black back or
3) Have a half back sash....see problem solved people. See its not that hard....and then you wonder why people like me criticise you...for gods sake you cant even fix the numbers on the back of the jumpers...how on earth are you guys gonna build a premiership side.

PS- I know its fair sledge, but they deserve it- the numbers are crap, and im sick and tired of watching a famous club get rooted all the time!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New Numbers A Disgrace!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:55:12 PM »
IMO the numbers were in the main easier to make out than before watching the match at the ground but they still could be made clearer. Make the sash a deeper yellow like it use to be rather than the bright fluro design we kept over from when Nike made our guernseys so the white in the number stands out and make the outline around the digits thicker without making each digit look squashed. At least with the new jumpers a 3 doesn't look like a 4 anymore.

We had the full sash with white numbers for 80 years prior to 1995 and it wasn't an issue until we changed it IIRC to make the sponsor on the back easier to read. Well you would now have to be blind freddy to miss the blue and white AFG logo even with the full sash.  Plus I never really liked the plain black back with yellow numbers when we wore white shorts. It just looked odd together IMV. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:51:58 PM »
They're totally screwed and I can't read any of them.
But i don't expect them to be changed this season - so we'll just have to live with them.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 04:59:09 PM »
I thought both Stafford and Richo's numbers looked a bit left of centre :rollin

Seriously though they've improved them but they need to make them bigger for next season.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 06:12:27 PM »
They're totally screwed and I can't read any of them.

Was that because there wasn't enough water? lol ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd