Author Topic: Oh Shiit  (Read 4799 times)

Moi

Oh Shiit
« on: June 10, 2005, 08:00:03 PM »
Mel my daughter and her boyfriend Sean have just announced their engagement tonight  :cheers 

About time lol.  Poor boy, has no idea what he’s in for lol  :banghead

The wedding date was set with me in mind – not in the footy season lol – February next year.  Always threatened I wouldn’t come if she had it during the season, or, heaven forbid, during the finals.  That’s a good start in getting the mother-in-law from hell on side.

Not sure my bank manager’s too happy about it, but a joyous event nonetheless  :thumbsup

Julz, I’ll need lots of help – I haven’t got a clue what to do next lol

:cheers

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Oh Shiit
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:07:44 PM »
Congrats Moi. (And to Sean and Mel)
I know what the next thing to do is. Teach Sean how to use the mower.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 08:50:56 PM »
Congratulations all round.  First thing to do is look for a venue for the reception cause they get snapped up pretty quick (some places are booked out years in advance). Are they going to have an engagement party?  Gift registers are great, especially for people who live interstate.  Cocktail receptions are better if on a tight budget (and they don't drag on as much, time-wise).  I organised my own wedding (step-mum's nose was out of joint) - and hubby & I paid for it ourselves.  We called on a lot of favours - aunty made the cake, friend did make-up, other friends did flowers, photos at a discount, friend had a jag which we used for wedding car etc.  Whatever you do - don't get commemorative stubby holders like my brother-in-law did - so tacky!  And their wedding song was the Nick Cave/Kylie Minogue song "Wild Rose" - about a guy who murders his girlfriend!

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 10:04:20 PM »
You could always do what i did, my surname is Adams.

So when my wife and entered the reception centre being introduced as Mr & Mrs Adams for the first time, we came down the stairs to "The Addams Family" theme song.

As soon as we got to the bottom of the stairs, the best man and maitron of honour went behind the stairs to pull out a banner(this was in place of the cutting of the ribbon) the banner was yellow and black with our names etc on it.

We walked through that together with the Richmond theme song playing.

It was an absolute hit and everybody still talks about it, been over 4 years now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 06:35:58 AM »
Congratulations Moi and to Mel and Sean  :).

Don't forget if it's a traditional wedding it's the daughter's side that has to pay for it lol ;). It's cheaper to elope :rollin.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 07:56:45 AM »
Pregnant huh ???

Only Gagging ! :thumbsup

Wish them all the best from me,who knows,
I may crash the reception  :shh

:cheers

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 08:42:55 AM »
Congrats!  :cheers

lmfaooo@your avatar Ox.

Moi

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 10:57:14 AM »
Thanks everyone  :thumbsup
I woke up this morning thinking i had a nigh... dream lol, but it's real lol
And no, Ox, it's not shotgun  :lol - i would be one little happy camper if it was actually (for various reasons), but alas, no.
Thanks to Julz who has gotten really into this - luvs a wedding our Julz lol - has given me lots of great ideas.  One i luv is to get Mel to change her nationality to being Greek (lots of pressies and everyone sticks money on the bride's dress).  Great idea, but i don't think my flashy little red head daughter would pass as being Greek somehow lol.  Maybe i could make it a Greek theme tho lol
Bully, the banner idea is a good one - they're both Tiger supporters - altho not too religious about it. I will make sure there is a touch of Richmond somewhere along the line  :thumbsup
Will pass on your message, Fish, although i think the Tiges will win 5 premierships before that ever happens  ;)
And MT, Sean did say it would be less hassle if they eloped - that's my boy hahaha! 

PS:  You can crash the wedding, Ox, if i can crash yours lol.  You must be the next one on here i'd reckon.  Certainly save money on airfares  ;)  Go for it  :thumbsup

PSS:  I concur with John, great avatar hahahaha  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »
PS:  You can crash the wedding, Ox, if i can crash yours lol.  You must be the next one on here i'd reckon.  Certainly save money on airfares    Go for it 

....I have to go now   *logs out*

Moi

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 11:14:28 AM »
....I have to go now   *logs out*
:rollin chicken lol

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 10:17:26 PM »
Congrats Moi - all the best to Mel and Sean.

I think just make it a black and yellow theme all round.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 10:20:35 PM »
Congrats to Moi and especially Mel & Sean.

another option is changing to Italian - I went to an Italian wedding a few years ago now and the bride & groom had a money tree. Family members had to pin notes to the tree ;D

Julz is right about reception venues - we booked our venue nearly 10 months before the event and we were very lucky to get it.

I remember the owner of the reception saying that last Saturday in September was usaully one of the last days to get booked every year :lol we could have had that one if we wanted ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 10:28:17 PM »
Thanks guys  :thumbsup
I remember the owner of the reception saying that last Saturday in September was usaully one of the last days to get booked every year  we could have had that one if we wanted

It would be just my luck if she did that and we made the GF after all this time.  She wouldn't do that to me, no.  Or would she hmmm  :shh

I do remember going to a finals match at Waverley years ago and i was sitting with some Pies supporters who had a wedding the day after that year's grandfinal.  The Pies and Eagles drew which meant there was a replay and the grand final was set back a week later.  Not happy campers lol