Author Topic: Richmond has no elite forwards: Champion Data (Age)  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond has no elite forwards: Champion Data (Age)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 01:19:21 PM »
Ignoring the strange notion of thinking that goal assists, ie ability to help create goals for the team is not important, or that not many forwards in the comp were better at it than jack last year, coming back to your statement about what do have left if you take away the goals, then what do you judge a forward by

That's easy Al I am surprised you have missed it.

The answer is to watch a few highlight reels of other teams FF and then bag your own teams FF

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »
Now if you take goals and goal assists out of the question........

I thought they would be number 1 and 2 on the criteria that make an elite forward......

Then again, what would I know? :whistle

Does seem odd to remove goals from the discussion in regards to forwards

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »

can understand why riewoldts yr was not considered elite.   bloody hell take the goals out of the equation and whats left.

Goal assists. Third in the comp.
But i guess this is unimportant because it doesn't support your argument.
oh the bitterness. as it stands i didnt look at the stat like ke% i tend to ignore certain stats.but seeing its  such a critical stat that makes you bitter when its not mentioned   perhaps you can explain what makes it so critical.
 on 26 occasions yep just 26 times or 1.2 times a game he was the 2nd last man to touch the ball before a goal was kicked. huge numbers not.
what percentage of those 2nd last  touches actually created the goal. like all stats it is open to interpretation and is worthless unless you SEE what transpired before hand.
i would have thought running mids hit up forwards and sml forwards would dominate that stat.

can i ask how did jack get a large percentage of his goals.  how many times late in games did jack scramble goals off the ground after being well held.
 he kicked 58 goals and he should be commended for finding a way to get on the board but it was hardly elite performances.
 so many areas of his game was terrible last yr. i dont care if a couple of stats say and one of them innocuous that he was very good or elite. his over all performances were ordinary in too many areas.
but hey lets not criticise our players they dont have weaknesses or shoddy games.
The problem here claw is you are comparing qualitative opinion with quantitative fact!

58 goals and 3rd in goal assists with the best opposition hackman on you every week is a great effort despite what you say because it is fact!
Your "opinion" that the goals were soft or came at inopportune times is just that - AN OPINION.  It is not a fact.

When making classifications it is much better to use REAL EVIDENCE to back up your decisions rather than pure conjecture.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »

can understand why riewoldts yr was not considered elite.   bloody hell take the goals out of the equation and whats left.

oh the bitterness. as it stands i didnt look at the stat like ke% i tend to ignore certain stats.but seeing its  such a critical stat that makes you bitter when its not mentioned   perhaps you can explain what makes it so critical.
 on 26 occasions yep just 26 times or 1.2 times a game he was the 2nd last man to touch the ball before a goal was kicked. huge numbers not.
what percentage of those 2nd last  touches actually created the goal. like all stats it is open to interpretation and is worthless unless you SEE what transpired before hand.
i would have thought running mids hit up forwards and sml forwards would dominate that stat.

can i ask how did jack get a large percentage of his goals.  how many times late in games did jack scramble goals off the ground after being well held.
 he kicked 58 goals and he should be commended for finding a way to get on the board but it was hardly elite performances.
 so many areas of his game was terrible last yr. i dont care if a couple of stats say and one of them innocuous that he was very good or elite. his over all performances were ordinary in too many areas.
but hey lets not criticise our players they dont have weaknesses or shoddy games.
The problem here claw is you are comparing qualitative opinion with quantitative fact!

58 goals and 3rd in goal assists with the best opposition hackman on you every week is a great effort despite what you say because it is fact!
Your "opinion" that the goals were soft or came at inopportune times is just that - AN OPINION.  It is not a fact.

When making classifications it is much better to use REAL EVIDENCE to back up your decisions rather than pure conjecture.

As well as all that when venturing your opinion it is much better to do so in a clean state rather than sitting on a stained couch in six day old jocks

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:49 PM »

:lol who's bitter, mate? I'm very happy watching my team rise. Not sure about you though.
If you can not recognise the value of goal assists for forwards then you're battling harder than I imagined. I suspect that you would have pointed it out if Longer posted those numbers. You sure were happy to critise Hammer for his low stats over his career. I guess those stats were relevant stats though eh? Did you 'see what traspired before hand' on all of those? You have set yourself a very high standard for stat use in the future!

Come on mate, your original comment of 'take the goals away from Jack and there's really not a lot there' was laughable on a number of levels, particularly for a man who doesnt respect stats.  :lol  Not holding my breath for you to admit this though.

And dont start that 'oh fine, lets not criticise our players then' scat because that is a pathetic twist of my words.

Go Dees!   :thumbsup

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »

Go Dees!   :thumbsup

Yessssssssss that's the spirit Big Willy  :clapping