Author Topic: Shaun Hampson’s great form as a tap ruckman creates a dilemma for Richmond (H-S)  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Troubling times for McBean Elton Vickery a Edwards

the claw

id take ivans all round game over hampsons one dimensional game anyday.
even when ivan isnt getting the ball hes crating for his teammates.  hes the best blocking mid we have, when he plays the likes of cotchin and deledio love it.
he may not win as many h/o but he sure as hell wins his fair share and more often than not creaqtes a contest at ground level by neutralising his opponents h/o. its the marks the 1%  the c/p along with winning his fair share of h/o that makes him such a valuable player. the way he uses his body to create space for our mids cant be over estimated.
hampson is a better option against certain types especially at centre bounces but ivan is a better option everywhere else.

the way i see it i reckon griffiths and jack will get the two kpf roles and both ivan and hampson will share ruck duties from the bench occasionally changing it up by going forwrd. most likely late in the game one of them will get subbed out and griffiths will then take over from whoever gets subbed.

Gigantor

Re: Shaun Hampson’s great form as a tap ruckman
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »
griff might end up securing one of the key position roles,but at this stage he is a long way off.All he has shown is that he does belong at this level,but he still hasn't arrived yet as a key position player

the claw

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 12:42:55 AM »
griff might end up securing one of the key position roles,but at this stage he is a long way off.All he has shown is that he does belong at this level,but he still hasn't arrived yet as a key position player
agree with that. we need two kpfs though and he sure as hell is a better development prospect as a kpf than vickery atm.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
even when ivan isnt getting the ball hes crating for his teammates.  hes the best blocking mid we have, when he plays the likes of cotchin and deledio love it.
he may not win as many h/o but he sure as hell wins his fair share and more often than not creaqtes a contest at ground level by neutralising his opponents h/o. its the marks the 1%  the c/p along with winning his fair share of h/o that makes him such a valuable player. the way he uses his body to create space for our mids cant be over estimated.
hampson is a better option against certain types especially at centre bounces but ivan is a better option everywhere else.

the way i see it i reckon griffiths and jack will get the two kpf roles and both ivan and hampson will share ruck duties from the bench occasionally changing it up by going forwrd. most likely late in the game one of them will get subbed out and griffiths will then take over from whoever gets subbed.
:clapping :clapping though don't think Hampson will play every week. Probably use him against the Dockers and WC.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

Great post Claw  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Good post Claw
Not only does Ivan have those attributes you mentioned but for me he is that spiritual leader on field, I think weve suffered without him on field. Yes he does alot more than hampson around the ground but he also goes busting his arse and involving team mates which is more than I can say for some of our soft players.

Agree with the second part about griff etc, though I think Hampson and Ivan wont play every game together but thats ok with me, need to be versatile depending on opp.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame

Had a good 2012 but 2013 was average at best. It's funny how guys overrate our players, but usually not you Claw. It makes a nice change. 

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Hampson is a spud as is Grigg.

We don't have the culture to make spuds better players. These spuds come to our club and just make the place a mash of spuds bound for mediocrity in the bottom half of the eight once every 15 years poking up into the top half just to give false hope to the mass of loyal followers that would bleed for the club.

The cycle of Skata.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »
isn't there a culinary term for a mash of spuds?Or is that the collective noun for many spuds?

Rampstar

this bloke was never worth a second round pick. hes just a hack whose dating a model.

Gigantor

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 04:38:46 PM »
how does a hack get a model?.....lol