Author Topic: RFC Seaford Platter  (Read 378 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
RFC Seaford Platter
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »
Here is the menu of our very own RFC Seafood platter. Filled with crayfish, when cold they taste pretty good but if it gets warm be careful of the food poisoning.

Crab Meat
B: Chaplin, Newman, Petterd, Houli
C: Grigg, Thomas, Hampson
F: S.Edwards

Unfortunately we have removed Vickery from the platter as it was getting over loaded with too much crab.

Too much salmon in the backline, some were tasty tonight thankfully it wasn't too hot in the kitchen an no over cooking or food poisoning occurred.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: RFC Seaford Platter
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »
Point being we aren't going to be successful against decent opposition with these blokes in the side. Houli maybe a bit stiff but was tagged tonight and was off.
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:42 PM »
Petterd was clearly amongst the best 3 or 4 on the ground, what game where you watching,  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
Petterd was clearly amongst the best 3 or 4 on the ground, what game where you watching,  ::)
reckon the point being made is while petterd was decent tonight we all know its only a matter of time before things get back to normal.

forget about the odd good performance look at each player and the weaknesses that are always there. we will never ever be a real contender with so many players with so many deficiencies.
reckon if we had played any other side in the comp tonight we would have got rolled.

you know it is a roller coaster the above blokes play the odd good game and everyone thinks we have to keep em its not about 1 lousy game its about weather they can play to a consistent level regularly and with all of them in this they have failed abysmally throughout there careers.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:51:17 PM »
Thought Petterd was mostly very good after a shaky start. He really should only be a depth player but there's quite a few I'd get rid of before him.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 01:05:51 PM »
Thats my exact point and the problem at our club since I remember being a lad supporting us.

At our peak we are at best a mediocre mid table side because we are filled with players who can star against the weaker teams and against the better teams or lower teams that come to play these types of players go missing.

As for Petterd did anyone see the 2 clangers he made in the defensive goal square that gave away goals? He gave his all but he's not a clean player, not a player that should be on a list of a side wanting to make finals. Rewind the clock a few years ago and remember Petterd dropping a simple over head mark in the goal square vs Collingwood on Queens Birthday game with Collingwood 2 points up and 10 seconds to go. He's a trier Pettered but when things are hot we can't expect him to be there when it matters. He's the same as the whole seafood platter, when it gets hot, they go off.

The point is that we have far too many players that can shine when its easy, but when it gets tough they consistently go missing and are never there when the game is on the line or the going gets tough.

We can clap our mediocre win against a very weak side with a lack of confidence or we can be realistic and keep a level head and look at ways of improving a side that can beat up against weak opponents but consistently fail against sides who come to play.
Go Tigers!