Author Topic: Team for round 17 - In: Staff, Foley, Moore  (Read 1045 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Team for round 17 - In: Staff, Foley, Moore
« on: July 21, 2005, 04:44:37 PM »
Richmond team for Round 17, 2005
richmondfc.com.au
3:17:51 PM Thu 21 July, 2005

B: Newman, Hall, Chaffey
H/B: Bowden, Simmonds, Thursfield
C: Tivendale, Coughlan, Deledio
H/F: Johnson, Richardson, Campbell
F: Krakouer, Stafford, Pettifer
R: Knobel, Tuck, Foley
I/C: Graham, Moore, Hyde, Hilton

E: Raines, Schulz, Morrison

In: Stafford, Foley, Moore
Out: Gaspar (hamstring), Morrison, Tambling
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Team for round 17 - In: Staff, Foley, Moore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »
I have to say I am extremely disappointed that Morrison's been dropped (again) he deserves a chance - this would have been the perfect one to see if he is up to it. If he isn't then so be it but playing 15 minutes isn't going to tell us IMO

I and would add Stafford is very lucky.

Glad to see Kel Moore get is go

Finally I rekon going by the selections Graham's a show to start on Tredrea
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 05:03:14 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 04:58:34 PM »
Great to see Moore getting a chance.

'He won't take no poo from nobody'

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »
Im not suprised about Staff's inclusion. If we are to be a chance here we need him firing or at least being serviceable.

I guess we need to get the ball down forward enough to give the Triangle a good run. Ironically, since the triangle was published in the paper, we havent used it since due to not all getting on the field at the same time.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 06:30:54 PM »
I have to say I am extremely disappointed that Morrison's been dropped (again) he deserves a chance - this would have been the perfect one to see if he is up to it. If he isn't then so be it but playing 15 minutes isn't going to tell us IMO

Agree WP. I don't personally think Morro's up to it but he wasn't one of our worst last week. Obviously 7 last quarter possessions didn't save him. That must be the end of his AFL career now.

I reckon they made the right decision with Foley in for Tambling. Tambo just needs some gametime and get his hands on the footy after an injury plagued year.

Moore isn't a key defender so it looks more like this is a replacement for Kellaway rather than Gas.

blx

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 08:54:26 PM »
yeah i really hope that wasnt morros last chance at afl cause on last weeks performance he deserved another shot. Yes Staff is very very lucky.

Its has me bewidlered.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 06:54:21 AM »
whats more bewdildering is that tivendale is still in the team

Bulluss

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 12:59:58 PM »
Gee X you really got it in for Tivas!!!

I am also really disappointed for Morro,

thought he defended pretty well in the last qtr against the saints and also was very desperate as he knew he had to try and prove himself.

I hope that Kel Moore does well though.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 01:11:17 PM »
Gee X you really got it in for Tivas!!!

You picked up on that too Bull  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 05:28:03 PM »
whats more bewdildering is that tivendale is still in the team

Tivs may not know what to do once he gets the footy but at least last week he got his hands on it. Which is more than he can say for most of his teammates last week. Plus  he's trade value would be zilch if he was sent back to the Burgers  ;).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Plough wants time to look at kids (RFC site)
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 05:45:58 PM »
Plough wants time to look at kids
1:28:41 PM Fri 22 July, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond coach Terry Wallace says the omission of exciting young first-year Tiger Richard Tambling for Saturday night's clash against Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium is simply so the Northern Territorian can play a full match of football.

The 18-year-old has played seven matches this season after being the No.4 selection in last year's NAB AFL Draft, yet his debut season has been hindered by toe, back and hamstring injuries.

Wallace suggested it was important to give the emerging midfielder/forward some time to hone his craft with the Coburg Tigers at this stage of the season. Wallace also said he wants to see what promoted rookie Nathan Foley - who has been included - has to offer.

"We just thought that he (Tambling) hasn't had a lot of ground time over the last couple of weeks and he just needed to play a full game and we had other guys who we wanted to give an opportunity," Wallace said after the club's Friday training session at Punt Road.

"Young Nathan Foley, obviously he played in the Melbourne game earlier on, on the Friday night and then did a hamstring and we've got to make decisions on his career.

"He's a rookie, who is on the list at the moment because of the long-term injury list, but we've got to make a decision on his career as well and Kelvin Moore is in exactly the same position - where is he heading?

"The game is important in itself, but our future is important as well and there is no worry about where Richard's going - Richard's going where we are going - but we just thought that a little bit of ground time and giving him an opportunity to play a full game and look at a couple of others was the way to go."

Wallace was also delighted to give defender Kelvin Moore, whose season has been interrupted by a broken jaw, his first opportunity of 2005, after he impressed with nine senior matches last year.

"He really worked very, very hard over that period to show that he was keen to get an opportunity before the end of the season," Wallace said.

"He was out training all wired up - as Andrew Kellaway (who has a broken jaw) is now - but I just thought that he did everything in his power to get a chance.

"I think where we are as a club we've got to give these guys an opportunity to have a look at them, to see where we're going for future as well."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=216977