Author Topic: Player ratings: Big days out (AFL Official)  (Read 247 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Player ratings: Big days out (AFL Official)
« on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
THERE are times when players grab matches by the throat and drag their teams over the line. And there are times when players dominate matches when their team smashes the opposition.

Here, AFL.com.au reporters take a look at the biggest individual performances for every club this season and over the past five years as measured by Official AFL Player Ratings.

RICHMOND
2014 – Jack Riewoldt (round 10 v Greater Western Sydney)
The Tigers' spearhead put together the second best Player Ratings game of the season when he booted 11 goals against GWS at Spotless Stadium (his 35.3 points have only been bettered by Eagle Josh Kennedy). The performance came after a lean run for Riewoldt, who had kicked one goal the week prior and 17 for the season. It also came after he questioned the Richmond game plan and was panned by coach Damien Hardwick. He took 12 marks (three contested) in what was a career-best performance, putting him back in the spotlight for the right reasons as the Tigers trounced the Giants by 113 points.
Last five years – As above. - Nathan Schmook

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-25/player-ratings-big-days-out?camefrom=EMCL_326577_15036564

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Player ratings: Big days out (AFL Official)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
Who is this Nathan Schmook guy? I know this year has been crap by our part but that being said we've had some great individual performances by our players over the past 5 years. Like Deledio winning the Yiooken medal. Or when Dustin Martin kicked 4 goals against the roos in round 5 2011.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
Who is this Nathan Schmook guy? I know this year has been crap by our part but that being said we've had some great individual performances by our players over the past 5 years. Like Deledio winning the Yiooken medal. Or when Dustin Martin kicked 4 goals against the roos in round 5 2011.
They didn't get as many ranking points as Jack got against GWS obviously. Our best "ranking points" performance over the last 5 years is Jack's v GWS.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »
They didn't get as many ranking points as Jack got against GWS obviously. Our best "ranking points" performance over the last 5 years is Jack's v GWS.

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot AFL.com has this flawed points ranking system and I just interpreted the article as players whom have had stellar individual performances.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot AFL.com has this flawed points ranking system and I just interpreted the article as players whom have had stellar individual performances.
I have no idea how the ranking system works so whatever you do, don't ask for clarification on how that rubbish works  :lol