Author Topic: This mark  (Read 1563 times)

tony_montana

Re: This mark
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »
If it came to it, Would much prefer to keep Griff over Vickery, think hes a more rounded player that impacts games more. Also think he has more upside and tools to work with.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »
I like Tyrone. But I'd be placing Griffith's as the priority of the two.

It saddeens me we have not resigned him on the distant past

Rampstar

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
Was listening to all the stations this morning, they said he is now worth a 1st round pick  ... having said that we should keep him. The ability to kick the ball like him is a major weapon. Agree that work needs to be done to increase his tank. At the moment we are only getting a half footy out of him. If we can get him to be more involved for longer that would be a major benefit to the team.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
Vickery doesn't take contested marks like Griff. Splitting the pack using his strength and height to do so and then roosting it 60 metres with aplomb. Need to re-sign this kid ASAP.

Griff >>>>>>>>Vickery.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »
Was listening to all the stations this morning, they said he is now worth a 1st round pick  ... having said that we should keep him. The ability to kick the ball like him is a major weapon. Agree that work needs to be done to increase his tank. At the moment we are only getting a half footy out of him. If we can get him to be more involved for longer that would be a major benefit to the team.

Griff. Griffiths was a first round pick (or very close). Was rated as a top five picky some but slid due to injury concerns. We put years into him. Shouldn't take a anything less than top 5/3 pick...

Vickery should have big, not Hawaiian pigs,  trade value IMO. I would be keeping him as the ruck stocks are weak outside of Maric.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:49:01 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 08:50:32 PM »

Vickery should have aloha e hog trade value

If we get offered a Hawaiian pig for Vickery I reckon we should take it.    ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 08:52:52 PM »
Who plays rucked Maric goes down

Orem is 73
Hampson is the king of potatoes

Griff is a rolls Royce. You don't put the, in the ruck

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
Vickers is a better Ruck backup, Griffs poos all over him moving round the ground and providing a contest in most situations and hallelujah if he has a shot with the ball.  I can see a plus on keeping them both.  We could have the ideal forward line if we could get them all firing together, be the dread of the comp, we still got the stringbean cooking along nicely too.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
Saw at least one occasion where he had made space and was not rewarded for doing so.

I saw one where he just made space as Deledio? started looking the other way and missed him, was unlucky not to be having a shot on goal