Author Topic: Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?  (Read 4518 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yeah or Neah - Matt Dea?
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2014, 06:29:36 PM »
I just posted in another thread that Dea has had something like 5 cracks at 4 consecutive games or more and was given 7 games in a row this year.
Injury impacted his 2013 - I would say he has been given a decent crack at establishing himself over 5 years.
Arnott, not so much
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
I actually thought he improved a lot this year.
He showed a lot more composure.

Thought he went backwards.

tony_montana

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
I actually thought he improved a lot this year.
He showed a lot more composure.
He played very little football as a junior and because of this would give another year extension. Needs a big preseason.

yep first time in his short afl career he actually showed a bit of composure and looked like a footballer - much less of the deer in headlights we saw in his previous seasons.

the claw

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »
reckon the last 3 yrs he has pretty much stagnated.  reckon this is reflected in all things matt dea when you look at em.

besides with dea arnot and a few others didnt we have the exact same threads last yr.
seems nothing changes, theres those who think they should go and then theres those who defend em at all costs and say ffs we have to give em one more yr. then the cycle goes around again.

what odds we will be having this exact same debate next about the same players.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:44:19 PM by the claw »

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
at the end off the day no one would want him or Arnott best we do delist and get a pick in the high 80 or 90s they could just be blocking up our list. but do we find a better player then these two at those kinds of picks.. they both have had goes and lets be honest they haven't set the world on fire

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »
Is either actually worse than nemwan grigg Thomas types?

If the "no one would want them" is the line then a few senior guys would make that group

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
yep ur right but don't want people going to war with me haha...
id say see yah Arnott, dea, grigg, vickery, Thomas, hampson,  (probably would have said newman time to hang them up ) he had a couple of good games at the end when he knew he was playing for his carrier..

what ever happen to Roberts, taylor haha more great recruits