Author Topic: Toby Greene spitting at Miles  (Read 2245 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Toby Greene spitting at Miles
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
Filthy swine should get a month for that, intolerable  :thumbsdown
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 07:41:55 PM »
Nothing in it

Really?? spitting at someone is a disgusting act and should not be tolerated at all!
Didnt connect

Was an appalling act but Phil's right it didn't connect. Mark Stevens talked about it today probably only looking at a fine. Doesn't feel right.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »
Miles is a great little addition.
Those duds will implode soon and the expansion dream will crumble.
Awesome.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Toby Greene's alleged spitting a 'pretty dirty' act, Tiger star Brett Deledio says

Matt Murnane
     The Age
    July 6, 2015

Richmond star Brett Deledio has labelled Toby Greene's alleged spitting in the direction of Tigers opponent Anthony Miles as "pretty dirty".

As opinion remained divided about to whether Greene deliberately spat in the direction of Miles, Greater Western Sydney coach Leon Cameron came to the defence of his young midfielder, revealing Greene and Miles were friends off the field and that he would be surprised if Greene committed such an act.

Greene was standing on the mark as he discharged saliva in the general vicinity of Miles, as the Tiger was getting up off the ground to take his kick. The saliva did not appear to touch Miles.

The match review panel will judge the incident on Monday, but comments from panel member Luke Ball on Sunday loomed ominous. As vision from Saturday's match at the MCG was played on Channel Nine's The Footy Show, Ball said the incident was "not a great look". "As a player, you shouldn't put yourself in that situation," he said.

Deledio went further in his assessment: "Pretty dirty really. I'm not sure we need to be spitting on players. I don't really condone it," he told a Channel Seven reporter on Sunday.

However, Cameron defended Greene's character. "He's [Greene] a terrific lad ... a lot of players, unfortunately it's not a great look, but they spit because of the mouthguard in their mouth and they've got to get all the saliva out," Cameron said. "I would be disappointed if that was deliberately targeted towards Miles."

“Miles is a former team mate of Greene’s at the Giants and didn’t appear to remonstrate with Greene after the incident. Cameron also said the pair remains good mates.

“Someone said it was with Miles ... I mean they’re very close friends so I’d be disappointed if it did happen. I’d be backing Toby Greene in any day of the week.”

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/toby-greenes-alleged-spitting-a-pretty-dirty-act-tiger-star-brett-deledio-says-20150705-gi5m5f.html
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ivan-maric-reported-for-striking-jack-steele-with-an-elbow/story-fndv8t7m-1227428543590

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 10:17:07 AM »
I had somebody confront me with a gang and spit in my face when I was in high school.

Have to say there was something extremely degrading about it - I would rather have been punched. Leaves you feeling dirty.

Disgraceful act. I'm glad it didn't connect but this really shouldn't go unpunished. We're always talking about 'intent' when it comes to the MRP. Accidents are unfortunate, sometimes a bloke is carefull or reckless etc. But spitting at somebody is downright intentional and deplorable.

Hope the MRP comes down on him hard. But he'll probably get a $1,000 fine while Cotchin and Maric get 2-3 weeks each because RFC.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 01:35:39 PM »
I didn't think it was as bad as what it's being made out to be. Just sayin
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
i thought it looked bad at the time. I never thought he spat at him,though, but towards him.

If him and Miles are good mates then it is unlikely that is even the case.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »
Greene fined $1500 for spitting.

--------------------------------------------

Toby Greene, GWS, has been charged with a first offence of spitting at an opposition player (Anthony Miles) during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between Richmond and GWS, played at the MCG on Saturday July 4, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for spitting is a $2500 sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1500 sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-06/full-match-review-panel-statement-round-14

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 09:37:23 PM »
Greene is just peeed at Miles for joining a great club  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 01:50:49 PM »
'I had no intention of spitting at my mate': Greene's denial

Adam Curley 
afl.com.au
July 8, 2015 11:40 AM

HE COPPED the fine, but Greater Western Sydney midfielder Toby Greene says he didn't do the crime.

Greene was charged on Monday by the Match Review Panel with spitting at former teammate Anthony Miles during Saturday's loss to the Tigers at the MCG.

The MRP offered Greene a $1500 sanction with an early plea, which the Giants accepted rather than risking a fine of $2500.

On Wednesday morning Greene released a statement through the club, which reads:

"There was no intention of spitting at Anthony, who's actually a mate of mine from his time at the Giants.

"I made it clear to him after the game that no offence was intended and he accepted that without any issue.

"I've put it behind me and am looking forward to this weekend's match."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-08/i-had-no-intention-of-spitting-at-my-mate-greenes-denial

---------------------------------

Damian Barrett on the Footy Show last night claimed Miles and Greene aren't close mates and Miles wasn't happy about the incident.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »
we all call BS toby.....
wasn't his intention to spit at miles??
did he accidentally spit??   what a dirty bit**

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »
He apologised straight after the game before it was highlighted by fans and media.....flog!