Author Topic: Brett Deledio unlikely to play until NAB 3 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1290 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio unlikely to play until NAB 3 (Herald-Sun)
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:51 PM »
Brett Deledio, managing his workloads given calf/achilles issues that have recently hampered him, might not play until the third NAB Challenge game.

The Tigers also have an intraclub game on Thursday March 17 — seven days before their season opener against Carlton — where Deledio might get another hitout.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio unlikely to play until NAB 3 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »
Brett Deledio will miss but should be back for Richmond's final NAB Challenge game against Port Adelaide on Thursday, March 10.

The 28-year-old has been struggling with a persistent Achilles injury. He ran laps at training with Nathan Drummond, who is recovering from a knee reconstruction.

Source: AFL website

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 05:35:09 PM »
Save lids for round 1 or even round 2. I don't think lids will ever be in a position to produce champagne football over 23 rounds anymore. Get him right, and manage him for the business end of the year and hopefully he fires like he did against Port as opposed to misfiring against North.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »
Slow start to the season again this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 04:13:38 AM »
Lids' interview on Fox Footy:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-03-03/deledio-on-afl-tonight

* My Achilles is feeling really good, actually.  I’ve just had a couple of niggling calf issues that have hung around for a little while. I’m on top of them now and back into some pretty solid training and looking forward to being back out there with the boys because it’s been such a long time waiting.

* I’m looking to play NAB 3 and I think we’ve got an internal game as well, just after that.  So, looking forward to being involved and getting the season going.

* Deledio admitted his injury problems had been quite tricky to manage.
We’ve tried to lay off a little bit to help the Achilles but then ran into calf problems. Unfortunately, they just need work and you can’t work the whole way through the year – you need a rest.

* It is fantastic [to play Carlton in round 1]. It’s a game that I’ve been involved in for seven or eight years and the one year when we played the Gold Coast, up there for our first game, it really did feel quite strange. Thursday night at the ‘G against old rivals in Carlton - it doesn’t get much better.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-03/deledio-raring-to-go

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 10:16:24 AM »
Must get him right and he must be there round 1 :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »
And if he's not?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 10:27:08 AM »
And if he's not?

Then I will not see him play. :'(
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"