Author Topic: Brett Deledio on RSN 927 / Lids challenges Tiger cubs to step up  (Read 782 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Inner Sanctum with Richmod's Brett Deledio on RSN927am Sports Heaven with Chrisso and Mick discussing

- How's the mood amongst the group now that Dimma has said finals are off?

- How does it make you feel when your coach says you're not good enough?

- Is there anything you would have done differently this yr?

- Do you worry about players getting poached?

- How would you feel if one of your players visited another club's facilities?

- How did you rate last week's performance? You were with them for the first qtr.

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4790181-the-inner-sanctum-with-richmod-s-brett-deledio-on-rsn927am

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio on RSN 927 / Lids challenges Tiger cubs to step up
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 03:00:10 AM »
Lids challenges Tiger cubs to step up

GILBERT GARDINER
Herald Sun
8 July, 2016

RICHMOND star Brett Deledio has endorsed the playing prospects of young Tigers ball magnet Jason Castagna.

Castagna is likely to be named later today for Saturday night’s game at Etihad Stadium against the Western Bulldogs.

He got a heap of the ball and kicked three goals in Richmond’s narrow VFL loss to Melbourne-affiliate Casey Scorpions last week.

“(Castagna’s) got some dash, he’s not afraid to use his sidestep and get himself out of trouble, a bit of dare which I’m all for, I love blokes that back themselves in,” Deledio told RSN radio.

With finals off the table after last week’s loss to Port Adelaide, Deledio says the Tigers are keen to get something out of what’s left of the season.

“I’d like to get to see Jason Castagna play some games of footy, Liam McBean maybe play some games of footy, some young boys step up and show us something and say you know what, ‘I’m ready to go when my opportunity comes next year, I’m a real chance’,” he said.

“All we can do as senior players and the better players at the club is challenge the young boys to get better and keep dragging everyone along.”
Jason Castagna is a chance to return to the Richmond line-up. Picture: Michael Klein

Daniel Rioli could also return along with Tigers forward prospect Liam McBean.

Deledio conceded McBean would likely have to force Ty Vickery or Ben Griffiths out of the side to play his third game in four years at Punt Road.

“I don’t think you can play four or nearly five talls including your ruckman so you’d assume if Beany is going to come in it will be at the expense of one of those two,” he said.

“But if he’s playing good enough footy you want that. That creates a good challenge for everyone’s spots.”

Deledio said Nathan Drummond, on the comeback trail from a serious knee injury, Oleg Markov and Ben Lennon could push for selection in the second half of the year.

“(Lennon’s) another one that’s got some great attributes, really good overhead, strong and pretty agile as well ... he’s one if we can really get up and going I feel can really take us forward.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/brett-deledio-challenges-richmonds-young-players-to-show-what-theyre-capable-of/news-story/c854155eb1cbee086e2be5a3131812d7

Online sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 09:11:30 AM »
lol...step up

just like he stepped up last week....or the way he (and his buddies) stepped up in the finals....

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 02:00:31 PM »
Bit hard for them to step up when thyeyre not given any real responsibility. Why not do what the hawks do - when bringing kids through they dont hesitate to throw them in the coalface and play the senior blokes on the periphery to support them. Hence why over the last few seasons youve seen players like Mitchell and Lewis spend time on the flanks during chunks of the season whilst they play young guys in the guts

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 02:11:58 PM »
Hawks generally have a solid bottom six / decent weaker 50% of the 22

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
Bit hard to step up when there is no platform for them to step up to