Author Topic: Hardwick's press conference 23-2-17 / "My expectation is that we play finals"  (Read 1001 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's first official press/media conference for 2017 ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-02-23/hardwick-press-conference-february-23

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a "sense of freshness" around the club after a raft of off-season changes, Hardwick said he embraced the pressure he would be under in 2017.

The Tigers are yet to win a final in the coach's seven seasons and 157 games in charge, and his contract expires at the end of 2018. 

Hardwick said the bar from Richmond was to make the finals in 2017.

"I don't apologise for putting the expectation bar up high, that's the sort of club we are and the person I am," he said.

"It's a pressure industry and we know what we're in for … I know what my job is. My job is to get the best out of the group I've got at my disposal.

"Where that leads us, I'm pretty confident … my expectation is that we play finals."

Richmond is yet to announce its leadership group for 2017, but Hardwick said he was confident Trent Cotchin would remain captain.

The coach said Jack Riewoldt's leadership had improved every year and he would remain a leader in his own right regardless of whether he was promoted into an official role.

Hardwick also addressed the key forward's on-field role and said Riewoldt would play deeper in attack as long as Richmond's ball-use improved.

Moving the ball quicker had been a focus over the pre-season, specifically improving the "connection from half-back to half forward".

New assistant coach Blake Caracella has been placed in charge of ball-movement, with the Tigers' stunted transition from defence last year one of the team's biggest issues.

Hardwick said the recruitment of midfielders Josh Caddy and Dion Prestia would allow star on-ballers Martin and Cotchin to rotate forward more frequently.

Formerly a defender, Nick Vlastuin will also be placed into a group of inside midfielders who rotate forward.

Hardwick said star defender Alex Rance (hamstring tendonitis) would be fit to play during the JLT Community Series, as would half-back Bachar Houli (hamstring soreness).

Source: AFL website

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
How about winning in finals...... :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
By far his best presser.

Seems pretty calm and confident about the season ahead.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
He's like a man facing a firing squad, a little resigned to his fate, sincere with his comments but at the same time a tinge of anxiety in his demeanor, all while hoping for a misfire. It's the moment of truth.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Geez.

I forgot how big a moron he was. Lol.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
How about winning in finals...... :banghead
Make Finals! Expectations are high, that's the 'Richmond Way', it's just how we roll. :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
He's like a man facing a firing squad, a little resigned to his fate, sincere with his comments but at the same time a tinge of anxiety in his demeanor, all while hoping for a misfire. It's the moment of truth.

When it happens I hope we don't afford him a blindfold
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
My expectation is that Hardwick will be out the door by round 13

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
My expectation is that Hardwick will be out the door by round 13

:thumbsup
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Blake Caracella come on down!   :clapping

FlashGordon

know what my job is. My job is to get the best out of the group I've got at my disposal.

Moving the ball quicker had been a focus over the pre-season, specifically improving the "connection from half-back to half forward".

New assistant coach Blake Caracella has been placed in charge of ball-movement, with the Tigers' stunted transition from defence last year one of the team's biggest issues.

We know what your job is Damien and its pretty clear by the other statement on who is in charge of ball movement that you are now not doing it

Can someone explain to me what exactly "overcoaching" is?   I mean, as a coach you have your own view on what game plan is going to get the team a flag and apply it.  Nothing more nothing less...he is a dud...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:02:50 AM by FlashGordon »

FlashGordon

The afl footy feed is something alot of you should watch...the dud is cracking Donald Trump jokes, with the lets make Richmond great again type poo ..he is at it again.  I thought they Benny and co would have told him to STFU after he laughed off a 20 goal hiding with the gatorade stunt.
I am convinced he will push the board to the hilt to get  himself sacked and  force their hand to pay him out.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Geez.

lets make richmond great again. pee-er

Lets make ME bank great again hey dimwit. No sign of them on his shirt but still visible at the oval. What a great deal doing business with the RFC offering free advertising to all who pass it.

if we have 5 spots jack is touch and go, nudged out by morris a few years and edwards. Expectation to "make" finals

What a clown this bloke really is
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Geez.

lets make richmond great again. peeer

Lets make ME bank great again hey dimwit. No sign of them on his shirt but still visible at the oval. What a great deal doing business with the RFC offering free advertising to all who pass it.

if we have 5 spots jack is touch and go, nudged out by morris a few years and edwards. Expectation to "make" finals

What a clown this bloke really is

Hes an effwit
"Sliding doors moment.