Author Topic: Wallace interviewed by Ch 9 News at training today (16/2)  (Read 942 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Wallace interviewed by Ch 9 News at training today (16/2)
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »
Wallace was interviewed at training today for Ch 9 News tonight:

* Tomorrow's intra-club game will be again Probables vs Possibles (Seniors vs Reserves).

* Terry pointed out Raines as one who over the last 3-4 weeks has moved from Possible to
 Probable. So he'll be playing for the Probables tomorrow.

* This preseason there's been more teaching, development and education compared to last year's ballistic approach. The overall strategy hasn't changed but we've changed a few ideas as we've gained more knowledge of the players over the past 12 months.

* Expect to see more speed and variance out of the forward line with Jacko, Rodan, Tambo and Lids playing at times out of the goalsquare.

* There'll be more midfield rotation compared to last year.

* He said no one can promise anything in such a tough competition but he does believe we are better than last year. Of course how we go depend alot on how much the opposition has improved also. Have we improved 15% compared to there 10% ... that sort of thing.

* Browny is right on schedule in terms of he'll start playing 3 weeks out and build up to round 1. Apart from being able to play in the seniors, Wallace has no expectations of Browny for the first 12 months.

* All assistant coaches were in attendance today (I saw BT at training today chatting to Jacko and Rodan along with Kingy). Usually each coach deals with say 6-7 players. Today we brought them together to tell the group what they've been working on so everyone is up to speed and familiar as to where we want to head to.

* In the future Wallace said he wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being 15-20 assistants providing 1-on-1 tutelage.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace interviewed by Ch 9 News at training today (16/2)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »
bump.

Just a reminder that Wallace is likely be shown during Ch 9's News sports report tonight.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 07:15:57 PM »
Yeah Tezza was on channel 9 news for all of 20-30 seconds  :-\

Confirmed tomorrows game is probables -v- possibles :o and something about blokes would wanna be playing for the probables to play in the nab cup. Showed some vision of Browny kicking and Kel Moore - that's it.The Ch 9 main footy story was about the Dawks moving to Waverley :sleep

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 08:20:43 PM »
Yeah Tezza was on channel 9 news for all of 20-30 seconds  :-\

That's TV for ya. Do a 5-10 minute interview and shrink it down to a 20-30 sec grab  :P. Anyway a summary of the whole interview is in the first post exclusive to us :thumbsup. I like how Tezza said he plans to rotate players and positions alot more this year. A good sign that our depth is improving.

blx

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:58:50 PM »
very true MT, thanks the wonderful series of pre-season reviews too ;)

If i may be so rude to say that when i read training reports i generally skip what the drills are and source out the who's been doing what, how such and such went in that drill, who were the best in the drills/training etc etc... i just want to know how individuals are travelling (especially the younger ones).

Not a criticism, just how i read reports in general. Enjoy them all immensiy  :cheers

Our depth might even be better next year, woohoo!