Author Topic: Whose going?  (Read 998 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Whose going?
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:44:35 PM »
I thought I'd make the trip down - all jokes aside, on paper games looks like a beauty.
Last 10, we are 8 and 2, with Sydney the best record in the comp.
Cats are 6,1,3.
We both played Brisbane and Carlton in that 10 game stretch where they have flat tracked them and we've got the job done.
We both played Sydney, GWS, Port and the Hawks.
We are 3 and 1, they are 2,1 and 1.
I'd say we have been more convincing in those games.

Losing Hawkins, Selwood and Duncan robs them of a lot of goal scoring/involvements/ball getting and possession. I didn't realise Duncan averaged over 28 this year.
They have Danger, we have Dusty.

They have a massive home ground advantage, we have a massive point to prove.

This game could secure a top 2 spot on the ladder.

Game on molls
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Whose going?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:58:31 PM »
Most important game in many years for the RFC IMHO. Beat Geelong at KP and top 4 is almost certainly ours and we gain so much confidence and respect. Lose to them and we lose all credibility especially with all their outs.

Must win game. 8 point game. And this time it's not a joke. :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:01:04 PM »
^^Correct.

As much as I think its important to go down the highway with confidence, we MUST attack this game with the same heart and desire as the last few weeks.

As I've said in other threads, Geelong are a champion team. They didn't get there by blowing up after a few injuries to key players etc. They'll be as hard to beat as any team we've played this year imo. A real danger game (excuse the pun).

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »
If the Doggies get past the GWS on Fri night, playing for 2nd
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »
If we are a legitimate contender we will win this game, especially with their outs. Hard tag on Dangerfield = game over.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:59:15 PM by Rodgerramjet »
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:41:21 AM »
If we are a legitimate contender we will win this game, especially with their outs. Hard tag on Dangerfield = game over.

If Selwood, Menzel, Motlop, Duncan and Hawkins miss....
3 of top 4 goal kickers
2 of top 4 disposals
2 of top 4 kicks
2 of top 3 handballs
3 of top 4 score involvements (lose 20 on average per game)
5 of their top 6 goal assists (5 on average per game)
2 of their top 3 contested possessions (20 per game which is 25% of the team average)
2 of their top 3 clearances (10 per game which is nearly 30% of what the team average)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »
Who's
Caracella and Balmey.