Author Topic: Mark Johnson you hero  (Read 1118 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mark Johnson you hero
« on: August 27, 2006, 05:34:56 AM »
I would just like to know how the only ones in the stadium that didn't see this thug take a swing at Petts were wearing green  :banghead. The whole point of a three umps and a 4th emergency ump is to spot these incidents off the ball. No report and no free kick  :banghead. Mind you I did enjoy Simmo decking the little thug to the ground even though he gave the free away  :thumbsup.

Also like to thank the umps for the lopsided free kick count. Fine if they're consistent but when a clear two-handed push in the back by Solomon on Sugar and Bradley having a fistful of Richo's jumper aren't paid yet Hird gets the softest of frees 15m out directly in front then it's a joke. The umps started off alright but by the second half they had lost control of the game.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: Mark Johnson you hero
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:05:06 AM »
Johnson is a wanker.

I didnt think the umpiring was too bad last night.

The free they missed to Richo in the 3rd was a shocker.

The Hird one was a disgrace & the 50 they gave against Bradley to Richo in the 1st was ordinary also.

Other than that they werent too bad.

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 08:08:29 AM »
This topic is incorrectly named.
""Mr Sunbury "" is a wan??? it should read

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »
All 3 commentators couldn't believe the Hird free kick.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 10:05:54 PM »
Didn't Tarrant deck this girl a couple of years ago at a club or something. :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Petts told the ump he acted
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 01:51:41 AM »
Johnson fails to beat striking charge
29 August 2006   
Herald-Sun
AAP

ESSENDON'S Mark Johnson tonight failed to beat a striking charge at the AFL tribunal, despite favourable evidence from an umpire and Richmond opponent Kayne Pettifer.

Johnson was found guilty of striking Pettifer to the body in Saturday night's match at the MCG.
The low level classification of the offence and a reduction for a previously clean record meant Johnson still avoided suspension, being handed only a reprimand.

Johnson claimed he swung his arm to try to stop Pettifer from holding his jumper, but missed the Richmond player completely.

Pettifer dropped to the ground, holding his stomach.

"You could see I started laughing afterwards because I didn't really touch him," Johnson told the jury.

Pettifer gave evidence backing Johnson's account, saying he went to ground to try to milk a free kick, as Johnson had acted to get a free kick shortly beforehand.

Officiating umpire Matthew Head, who did not see the incident, said Pettifer told him the same thing on the night.

"Kayne Pettifer said to me `Don't worry, I just acted, just as Mark Johnson acted,'" Head said.

But the tribunal was not swayed, hitting Johnson with the reprimand and 93.75 demerit points, which means that even a minor future offence is likely to push him over the 100-point mark required for a suspension.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20299779%255E20322,00.html

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 09:03:57 AM »
Didn't Tarrant deck this girl a couple of years ago at a club or something. :thumbsup

he sure did, and solomon was ther also. the bombers at the time were shocked because solomon didnt go into bat 4 his team mate. appar solomon, also a good mate of tazza said the punce deserved all he got  :rollin