Author Topic: Help - Give me a reason to go to the Saints game next week  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Help - Give me a reason to go to the Saints game next week
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »
Think I'll take a sudoku puzzle with me to the game; the diabolical one.  Just in case it turns out to be less frustrating than watching the game. :P
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Moi

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 09:08:29 PM »
Question, who will play on Nick Riewoldt ? Dont tell me, they will bring back Ray Hall.
Then they will try Schultz :gobdrop
Can see it now, Rodan on Harvey :gobdrop
Who will play on Powell, Del Santo, Powell.?
We might even see Steve Baker chase our captain again and throw some cut lunches :gobdrop
Stop it Jackstar - we're stressed enough lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »
Question, who will play on Nick Riewoldt ? Dont tell me, they will bring back Ray Hall.
Then they will try Schultz :gobdrop
Can see it now, Rodan on Harvey :gobdrop
Who will play on Powell, Del Santo, Powell.?
We might even see Steve Baker chase our captain again and throw some cut lunches :gobdrop

We'll just elude them into a false sense of superiority by giving them a 10 goal start ;).

We won't have to worry about Riewoldt picking up 20 marks as his kicking at goal is worse than Richo's. Our luck though is he'll have a night out in front of goal :-\.

The main thing I want to see this week is effort even if we get thumped. Both individually and more importantly for the team. I want to see run and carry with support; not that stop-start crap.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 10:18:37 PM »
We will get flogged in each of the next 3 weeks probably and after hearing carltons result i now fear a 0-5 start. Is Bryce Gibbs still available?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 10:35:13 PM »
A reason to go...............................

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............

You may get a free tattoo ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 10:55:15 PM »
Think I'll take a sudoku puzzle with me to the game; the diabolical one.  Just in case it turns out to be less frustrating than watching the game. :P

We should give the players a sudoku puzzle. Might teach them to think logically about strategy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 04:28:26 AM »
Is it a positive that the Cats went through the same thing scenario 3 years ago?!  :-\

ROUND 1, 2003: A Geelong side coached by Mark Thompson is thrashed by the Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome, the pain of the loss being underlined by the ineptitude of their disposal.

Players metres in the clear consistently missed targets by wide margins as supporters braced themselves for a year of discontent.

Thompson was as stunned as Geelong fans, at a loss to explain why a summer spent honing this area had gone out the window in two dismal hours.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,18686409%255E19742,00.html

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »
Is it a positive that the Cats went through the same thing scenario 3 years ago?! 

It’s nothing that all clubs don’t go through at some stage.  It’s only a big deal for RFC because we make it that way and the more we focus on it the more everyone else does the same.

I’ve seen Geelong and St. Kilda go through the ups and downs of developing a team.  It hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing for them and they still cop criticism to some degree.  It happened to Essendon and Brisbane before they won premierships.  It actually happens to most clubs and isn’t anything startling.  It’s just a natural progression of things when clubs are working their way towards a flag.  The clubs that succeed get there purely through patience and persistence and not panicking when things go a little bit wrong.  Have a bit of faith.

Why is this 100 point loss any different or worse to any from any other season we’ve had, or any that other clubs have?  Hardly any one tipped us to make the eight, but it doesn’t stop the press and media from getting mileage out of a Richmond loss.  Why is it even news any more?

Things are far from perfect now, but nothing anyone does or says now will change that result.  If we just persist and get on with it then that’s the only way to change anything.  Just like other clubs have done.  It’s not that hard really.  We just make it that way.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 06:13:51 PM »
It’s nothing that all clubs don’t go through at some stage.  It’s only a big deal for RFC because we make it that way and the more we focus on it the more everyone else does the same.

I’ve seen Geelong and St. Kilda go through the ups and downs of developing a team.  It hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing for them and they still cop criticism to some degree.  It happened to Essendon and Brisbane before they won premierships.  It actually happens to most clubs and isn’t anything startling.  It’s just a natural progression of things when clubs are working their way towards a flag.  The clubs that succeed get there purely through patience and persistence and not panicking when things go a little bit wrong.  Have a bit of faith.

Why is this 100 point loss any different or worse to any from any other season we’ve had, or any that other clubs have?  Hardly any one tipped us to make the eight, but it doesn’t stop the press and media from getting mileage out of a Richmond loss.  Why is it even news any more?

Things are far from perfect now, but nothing anyone does or says now will change that result.  If we just persist and get on with it then that’s the only way to change anything.  Just like other clubs have done.  It’s not that hard really.  We just make it that way.

Nicely said TS  :clapping. It's how we respond as a club to this that will be the key to moving forward or not.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 09:59:53 PM »
You can go and just watch Lids.  :thumbsup

Forget the rest of the rabble  :lol