Author Topic: Tiger players GF preparations, superstitions, etc. (Herald-Sun)  (Read 399 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger players GF preparations, superstitions, etc. (Herald-Sun)
« on: September 27, 2019, 10:52:49 PM »
HOW MANY TICKETS DID YOU HAVE TO GET?

TOM LYNCH (Rich): I ended up getting 18. I did a good job in the end.

DION PRESTIA (Rich): I used eight. I was pretty lucky. 2017 was good, and I couldn’t be bothered dealing with them all.

DANIEL RIOLI (Rich): Thirteen all up. All the family will be there in yellow and black.

NICK VLASTUIN (Rich): Started at 13 for me. I got a couple more towards the end of the week.

SHANE EDWARDS (Rich): Mine’s 12.

WHO WILL BE GOING OFF THEIR HEAD AT ABOUT 5PM?

LYNCH: Probably my mate, Pat. He gets pretty excited at the best of times, so him.

PRESTIA: Probably Dad. In the prelim apparently he was going nuts, which was surprising. I’d say him.

RIOLI: Matthew Galarla. He’s one of my best mates and he’s never watched me play AFL footy before. His first time was the preliminary final against Geelong. He loves to celebrate really hard, so I wouldn’t be surprised. Fev (Brendan Fevola) as well. Even before the prelim he mentioned that he was feeling a bit emotional. I live under their roof and he basically sees me as his son. (My girlfriend) Mia (Fevola) told me that before the game he was pretty much crying because he’s never experienced that.

EDWARDS: Until the final siren goes, my brother will be thinking that we’ve all blown it and choked on the whole season, until the final siren and we’re up. If we lose, he probably won’t talk to me.

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR GRAND FINAL EVE?

LYNCH: Just low key, we’ll probably have some pasta and relax on the couch.

PRESTIA: The normal routine — we go out for dinner at St Domenico in Bridge Road, Richmond. It’s me, Josh (Caddy) and (VFL player) Jake Aarts and my girlfriend (Lainey) have done that every week pretty much this year. Lots of pasta.

RIOLI: I’m trying to think back to 2017 … I’ll probably just go with the flow. Just relax after the parade, see my family and catch up with everyone just to keep my mind off things. Hopefully get a good night’s sleep because I’ll be thinking about the game.

VLASTUIN: I watched half of The Hunger Games on Thursday, so I’ll finish that off. In 2017, I had Noodle Box the night before every game, so I’ll probably stick with that. I get Uber Eats.

EDWARDS: Just keep it the same. Maybe a stir fry, take the dogs for a walk and then just don’t think about the game.

WHAT’S YOUR GRAND FINAL BREAKFAST?

LYNCH: Eggs on toast.

PRESTIA: I’ll go to Rustica in Hawthorn — around the corner from me. Last time I didn’t really eat a lot.

RIOLI: Egg and bacon focaccia. I love that.

VLASTUIN: I usually go to a local cafe with a couple of mates, so I’ll do that.

EDWARDS: I normally cook some poached eggs and a bit of bacon, and have a smoothie as well.

WHO WILL BE THE DESIGNATED DJ IN THE ROOMS PRE-GAME?

LYNCH: Dusty, for sure.

PRESTIA: Dusty, every time. Every single week.

RIOLI: Dustin’s No.1. He has a bit of everything — R&B, country, olden days stuff, 80s. I goes off in the changerooms.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUPERSTITIONS?

PRESTIA: Not really. I’m just trying to embrace it and remember as much as I can, because you don’t know if you’re going to be back. Just trying to take in as much as possible.

EDWARDS: My superstition is not having a superstition, in case something goes wrong.

VLASTUIN: (To Edwards) That doesn’t make sense! That’s a double negative, or whatever. I don’t.

WHAT’S THE FIRST THING YOU’LL EAT WHEN THE DIETICIANS AREN’T LOOKING?

LYNCH: Probably some fast food. Probably KFC.

PRESTIA: Oooooh. I think I’ll go to KFC.

RIOLI: I’ll have a nice iced coffee.

EDWARDS: It’s hard to get my hands on a can of Coke around the rooms. I’ll just be on the hunt for that.

VLASTUIN: Me and Dusty go to Andrew’s Hamburgers down in Albert Park a fair bit. But he’s closed on Sundays.

IF I WIN THE PREMIERSHIP, I WILL …

LYNCH: Have a good night.

PRESTIA: Celebrate hard.

RIOLI: Get a tattoo. I missed out on the 2017 premiership tattoos and didn’t get that. If we win, then I’ll get both.

VLASTUIN: Be very happy. I’ll get another tatt. I don’t know how I’ll add to it, but we’ll work it out.

EDWARDS: I’ll probably have a cry.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-and-gws-players-on-their-grand-final-preparations-superstitions-and-how-theyll-celebrate/news-story/f87a4e63b967dd4ba6864cf150cca70b