Author Topic: Richmond’s GF win immortalised in beer (Herald-Sun)  (Read 931 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond’s GF win immortalised in beer (Herald-Sun)
« on: October 03, 2019, 01:07:21 AM »
Richmond’s GF win immortalised in beer

Peter Rolfe,
Sports affairs reporter,
Herald Sun
October 3, 2019

Premiership hero Jack Riewoldt is happy for Richmond to be the toast of the town for a while.

And Richmond fans will be able to drink to their team’s second flag in three years Carlton Draught to produce a Richmond premiership draught to celebrate the Tigers premiership success.

A limited edition run of 60,000 yellow and black slabs will be made in Melbourne and Riewoldt told the Herald Sun it was “pretty special’’ to see the first cans produced yesterday.

“They were a pretty popular figure in 2017 so I’ve got no doubt they will be a raging success again this year,’’ he said.

Jack Riewoldt over sees the production of beers. Picture: Jason Edwards

“You would be surprised how many people ask you to sign them so though can keep them as a collector’s item.’’

Riewoldt, who booted five goals in the Tigers’ 89 point mauling of the Giants, said players had “cherished some really good memories” celebrating Saturday’s triumph.

But he said “the aim’’ would be returning next year for a crack at “back-to-back’’ flags.

“We play for the fans and we just play for each other and we play to have fun,’’ he said.

The tiger’s win has been immortalised in beer again. Picture: Jason Edwards

“It materialised into a premiership this year and we are forever grateful for that but we know there will be 17 other clubs chomping at the bit to get at us next year and take the mantle,’’ he said.

“We know first had how hard it is to go back to back.’’

The special edition cans will be available at major bottle shops such as Dan Murphy’s, Liquorland and BWS from this weekend.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-2019-premiership-immortalised-with-carlton-draught-beer/news-story/4241b382b4df6289bc560591251bfa2c

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond’s GF win immortalised in beer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 06:31:11 PM »
Just picked up a carton. Cant say I'm a massive fan of the beer but this will taste just as good as opposition tears
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Richmond’s GF win immortalised in beer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 09:52:26 PM »
lol barley, hops and fermented oppo tears.  We will have supplies for ages.
Lots of people name their swords......