Author Topic: Brown: We earn money  (Read 1542 times)

Ox

Brown: We earn money
« on: July 03, 2006, 06:24:17 AM »
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19661768%255E19771,00.html

*He received morphine in the rooms to kill the pain and had to wait 15 minutes for an ambulance to arrive - AFL :thumbsup

This should be ground for legal ramifications

Insurance coverage needs to become more comprehensive in matters such as this.

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brown: We earn money
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 08:36:52 AM »
Apparently there was an ambulance already there but they have to wait for a back-up ambulance as there always has to be an ambulance at the MCG during games at all times.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 09:02:53 AM »
Apparently there was an ambulance already there but they have to wait for a back-up ambulance as there always has to be an ambulance at the MCG during games at all times.

what a pack of morons.

The platers association should fine the afl for being high paid imbeciles :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:04:37 AM »
WTF??? What a stupid rule. Surely commonsense should prevail in situations like that. Lets face it, what are the chances of someone getting seriously injured in the following 15 minutes. It would take them that long just to get them in the rooms. I've had a serious leg injury myself. The ambulance arrived in about 5 minutes but it took about 15 minutes to reverse down a steep hill to the sports complex. It felt like an hour especially as nobody could give me any painkillers.

Ox

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 09:15:55 AM »
It proves the afl is only concerned with legalities that cover their ars at minimum expense.

In the meantime :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Ox

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
WTF??? What a stupid rule. Surely commonsense should prevail in situations like that. Lets face it, what are the chances of someone getting seriously injured in the following 15 minutes. It would take them that long just to get them in the rooms. I've had a serious leg injury myself. The ambulance arrived in about 5 minutes but it took about 15 minutes to reverse down a steep hill to the sports complex. It felt like an hour especially as nobody could give me any painkillers.

*ahem*
Why dont they take some of the millions thay it earns and provide "2" ambulances for match day.
Obviously having only one there is a pointless exercise,ffs!

Imaagine having to Tell Newy that he has to hang on until the second ambulance back

A f ucken disgrace is what it is.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 01:08:58 PM »

Almost as stupid as the rule that says the umpires can't stop the game until the stretcher is on the ground :-\ >:(

You've got trainers, doctors and players yelling the strecther's coming and play continues - that's bloody dangerous as well especially if the ball ends up coming back to where the player lying on the ground is  :banghead

All of it just seems so bloody stupid
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:33:37 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 01:17:36 PM »
Yes I thought that as well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »
You would think after the Hyde/Maguire collision they would have two ambulances. What if both needed to go to hospital  ???.

Almost as stupid as the rule that says the umpires can't stop the game until the stretcher is on the ground :-\ >:(

You've got trainers, doctors and players yelling the strecther's coming and play continues - that's bloody dangerous as well especially if the ball ends up coming back to where the player lying on the ground is  :banghead

All of it just seems so bloody stupid

Don't start me on that WP. Crazy stuff  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd