Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium --- Round 13, 2021  (Read 34595 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium --- Round 13, 2021
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2021, 05:52:16 PM »
SNIP   :banghead

Stick to the topic without the insults
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2021, 06:54:49 PM »
Report Card: Round 13

Max Laughton, Ben Waterworth, Ben Cotton and David Zita
Foxsports
15 June 2021

RICHMOND

They lost no admirers, but this was a game that was seemingly destined for a Tigers win. Damien Hardwick’s men led by 22 points midway through the fourth term, only to concede the last four goals of the game to the Eagles – and not even score themselves – to lose in thrilling circumstances. The loss leaves the Tigers in outright eighth on the ladder, with Fremantle one game behind.

IN THE VOTES

In his first game since Round 6, Kane Lambert couldn’t have been more impressive upon return, finishing with 2.1 from 27 disposals and 11 contested possessions. Dustin Martin, as always, threatened to break the game open as he kicked two goals from 23 disposals, seven inside 50s and six clearances. Nick Vlastuin was awesome in defence, finishing with 23 disposals, 11 intercepts and nine marks, while Dylan Grimes was also important.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

Coach Damien Hardwick after the game bemoaned his side’s lack of composure, not just late in the game but right throughout the contest. That lack of composure, though, ultimately played a big part in conceding the last four goals of the game. Trent Cotchin (12 disposals) and Shane Edwards (19) were below their usual high standards. But overall, the Tigers are far from panic mode.

GRADE

B

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-report-card-round-13-2021-afl-analysis-every-club-graded-reaction-best-and-worst-players-votes-news/news-story/a5aa632571d69e01167d320211da0c46

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2021, 07:40:46 PM »
F which is a fail.

It’s a fail because a win would have kept a top four hope alive and in our own hands.

Now the only way to make top four is the very unlikely situation where we hope teams above us drop the unlosable games (like we did).
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
We can win it from 5th or 6th so missing top 4 is not end.

Just need some luck on the injury front and clean up our play getting rid of the errors

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »
Our best is still the benchmark possibly with Geelong and Demons.
We’ve gone though unbeaten and won 2 flags, we’ve played 4 finals and won 1 flag - to win 4 finals and win a 4th flag is well and truly within our capabilities.
Doggies did it in 2016, I think we can in 2021.
To do it, a full or near full playing list along with 4 home finals would be ideal.
I’m not even remotely worried about top 4 if these other things come our way
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2021, 04:31:43 PM »
My Elderly Father passed an interesting observation regarding the last quarter.

"They were already on the plane heading home, thought they had it won and heads were not in the game."

Im not sure I totally agree with him but he has seen alot of football. Anybody else see that?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2021, 10:36:35 PM »
My Elderly Father passed an interesting observation regarding the last quarter.

"They were already on the plane heading home, thought they had it won and heads were not in the game."

Im not sure I totally agree with him but he has seen alot of football. Anybody else see that?

Yeah I agree. Thought they had them when they went 22 up. Few errors, they all expected someone else to lift etc. Threw it away