Author Topic: Tuck to Full-Back?  (Read 680 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tuck to Full-Back?
« on: May 18, 2006, 04:58:16 AM »
Yep a totally crazy out there idea but Tucky has played CHF and CHB? once or twice in past so a key position isn't totally foreign to him. He also won't take a backward step to a big lug like Biglands and we need to get Joel away from full-back so we can generate some run from the half-back line.

I can't think of anyone else other than giving McGuane a second chance if he stays in, who might find it easier on a less nimble forward, or even Lids who's roughly the same size as Tuck and wouldn't have to worry about breaking a tag down there. Paddy is tall but I can't see him at FB and we need Richo up forward. 

As for other match-ups, we need to stop the attacking rebounds of McLeod and Johncock out of their defence. Terry said in the Adelaide Advertiser we'll do this. Newman has done a run-with role on McLeod before. Went for Krak in a forward pocket on Johncock but I wouldn't be surprised if Polo got the gig as he ran with Paul Williams last week and did ok.

Lastly went with all 3 ruckmen Simmonds, Knobel and Staff to desperately add some size.

Thoughts?

B:     Raines        Tuck        Hartigan
        Burton        Biglands    Ricciuto   

HB:   P.Bowden  J.Bowden     Deledio
        Massie       Hentschel  Thompson

C:     Hyde        Tivendale   Tambling     
        Reilly         Shirley        Mattner

HF:   Pettifer    Simmonds   Newman
        Hart        McGregor    McLeod

F:     Krakouer      Richo      Jackson
B:    Johncock     Rutten      Bassett

R:     Knobel     Coughlan     Foley