Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 475955 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2415 on: September 14, 2024, 03:28:06 PM »
Lynchy turns 32 next month.
I have long been in the keep him camp. I still am. My concern is the injuries and i ask myself how many more years will we have him for? and is he just one injury away from the end.

If the answer is one year to q1 and one injury is the answer to q2 then you have to at least ask is it worth our while looking at a  trade if he was up for it. Only if he wanted it. A circumstance of say he is going to a club that will give him a shot at a flag one last hurrah if you like.

Keep Lynch as we need the structure he brings ( it has been sadly missed )

We also need to get him to 100 games. (11 more)

Sadly that structure he brings may only be for one year.

With his age and injuries we do need to find and get games into  two quality key forwards.

Might mean we are a bit tall fwd but it needs to be done imo.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2416 on: September 14, 2024, 05:58:04 PM »
Lynchy turns 32 next month.
I have long been in the keep him camp. I still am. My concern is the injuries and i ask myself how many more years will we have him for? and is he just one injury away from the end.

If the answer is one year to q1 and one injury is the answer to q2 then you have to at least ask is it worth our while looking at a  trade if he was up for it. Only if he wanted it. A circumstance of say he is going to a club that will give him a shot at a flag one last hurrah if you like.

Keep Lynch as we need the structure he brings ( it has been sadly missed )

We also need to get him to 100 games. (11 more)

Sadly that structure he brings may only be for one year.

With his age and injuries we do need to find and get games into  two quality key forwards.

Might mean we are a bit tall fwd but it needs to be done imo.
If Cumberland Bauer and Fawcett were any good they would be a compelling front structure…..

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2417 on: September 15, 2024, 06:52:03 PM »
I've had the idea in my head for a while that a new forward structure may be useful.

In contrast to the usual forward line of only one or two key forwards we could, with our current list, put out a forward line that has two bigs across half-forward - say Fawcett, Armstrong and Bauer, Lefau and one small like Mansell, Clarke or Campbell. Then a full forward line with one big - currently Lynch but later a draft pick like Whitlock and two smalls like Coulthard, Rioli, Green and O'Sullivan.

What would be different is the half forward line plays with the bigs on the outside funneling to the corridor and goals.
The smalls go anywhere including into midfield on turnovers with the hope they can stretch slower backs with endurance and speed.