Author Topic: AFLW R9: Richmond vs GWS @ Mildura, Sun. Oct. 23  (Read 4439 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: AFLW R9: Richmond vs GWS @ Mildura, Sun. Oct. 23
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2022, 05:59:09 PM »
Is there anyone better than Mon Conti in the AFLW right now?

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1584066668459806730
LOL @ Norf's twitter account being so insecure.

https://twitter.com/NorthMelbourneW/status/1584325497324187648

Conti has also been a gun for more than just 9 games  :wallywink.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:19:52 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2022, 06:50:09 PM »

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2022, 07:14:56 PM »
I refuse to watch , but people I rate as having some idea think that the North player is the best player in the comp

Good on the Kangas for sticking up for her IMO
The mens side sure as poo has zero to be excited about

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2022, 08:07:42 PM »
I refuse to watch , but people I rate as having some idea think that the North player is the best player in the comp

Damo, the Tiges are good to watch, give it a go. Over 150 tackles laid vs the Gold Coast a few weeks ago.
Honestly mate, the girls tackling is miles above the mens team. It’s a pleasure to watch. Conti is a freak, beautiful to watch.
Sure, the depth drops off pretty quickly but there’s plenty worth watching.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2022, 09:05:23 PM »

Garner is a very good player, one of the best in the comp

But having followed the comp since started so I've been watching Conti since then and I still reckon she's the best on the comp

Was after season 2 and still is as we near the end of season 7
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2022, 04:48:12 AM »
Tigers remain composed in wet and windy Mildura to climb into top four

Brandon Patane
TheInnerSanctum.com.au
24/10/2022

Star midfielder Monique Conti was at the forefront of Richmond’s attacking brilliance. She kicked three goals in an outstanding performance where she also collected 24 disposals, and laid eight tackles.

Fellow midfielders Grace Egan and Jess Hosking were also able to make their way forward and add a goal each to the tally.

Speaking exclusively with The Inner Sanctum after the game, youngster Stella Reid mentioned how important the trio were when pushing up from midfield to contribute on the scoreboard, especially Conti who was so dominant in this area.

“Our midfield groups is full of guns, and they can just score,” the forward said.

“You can see it at training with them, they’re not just focusing on their midfield game, they’re focusing on practicing goals on the run from centre bounces and everything. They’re just working as a really good unit.”

“Mon’s just an absolute star. Her ability to hit the scoreboard, but then [also] her tackling pressure and being able to work from the contest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any other player like that.”

Reid herself also had a brilliant day in front of goal, slotting two crucial majors in the first quarter to give the Tigers significant breathing room early on.

The 19-year-old mentioned how she is finding consistency in her game, and that she thinks she can continue to impact in the future.

“Playing more and more senior footy just gets you to build on that confidence,” she said.

“The coaches have trusted me to play where I believe, and play off instincts, so that’s definitely helped my game. [Also] just being accurate in front of goal, we’re out there for hours on end before training so everyone is improving and learning from one another.”

Also among the goalscorer were the usual suspects, the aforementioned captain Brennan, and hometown hero Courtney Wakefield.

Growing up on her family’s farm at Top Hut, and working extremely hard to pursue a football career, it was a special moment when Brennan sent the ball to Wakefield and she slotted a goal in front of her family and friends in the first ever AFLW game at the Mildura Sporting Precinct.

Reid spoke about Wakefield’s journey, and how important she has been for the group in their rise up the ladder this season.

“I can’t even comprehend [her story]. She was driving, at one stage, two times a week from Top Hut which is about a six or seven hour drive, and she just puts her all into the team,” she explained.

“She’s absolutely pivotal to our program. You see down here in Mildura, the amount of love and support she has and that’s definitely warranted because she’s an amazing person. I’m so glad she’s getting some reward for all her hard work.”

Sitting in fourth place with one game left to go in the home and away season, Reid explained what Richmond’s big win in Mildura has done for the side going into the final round of the season, where a top four spot will be on the line.

“The atmosphere is absolutely incredible down here in Mildura, it’s just reinvigorated us. The support down here is absolutely amazing,” she said.

“[The win] gives us massive confidence. The belief this group has in one another is just phenomenal.”

https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/tigers-remain-composed-in-wet-and-windy-mildura-to-secure-top-four/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2022, 02:13:01 AM »
Monique Conti was unstoppable over the weekend!

The Richmond star finished with 24 disposals, eight tackles, and three goals.

Conti's performance has earned her a third #AFLWMVPOFTHEWEEK nomination for the season.

Vote : https://aflpa.partnership-hub.com

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayers/status/1584726450930085888

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2022, 03:49:22 PM »
Coaches votes:

Richmond v Greater Western Sydney

10 Monique Conti RICH
8 Grace Egan RICH

3 Alyce Parker GWS
3 Gabby Seymour RICH
3 Ellie McKenzie RICH
2 Jess Hosking RICH
1 Stella Reid RICH

https://www.womens.afl/news/113309?_ga=2.202385169.1860250854.1667140582-224749430.1603381344