Author Topic: Hardwick's media conference 22-4-23 / We think we're up for the challenge: Dimma  (Read 719 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"We want the opportunity to play against the very best sides and we think we're up for the challenge."

Dimma's presser today: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1313071/-we-want-the-opportunity-to-play-against-the-best-sides-hardwick

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
3 and half minutes!

Not good enough, forget the media fans deserve better
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
We “think” we’re up for the challenge

That’s not the words we are used to

Not definitive at all

We were always up for the challenge , now we think we are

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Speaking to the media on Saturday morning, coach Damien Hardwick said Short would bring invaluable "voice and experience" to the team.

"He's a really good player. He's a best and fairest winner, an All-Australian squad member," Hardwick said.

"He's just one of those players we can plug in wherever we want and we know we're going to get a really good player to play a role that's going to help us win the game."

Hardwick said the annual Anzac Day Eve clash was one the Tigers were "very fortunate" to play in.

"It's getting bigger and bigger," Hardwick said.

"It's a great honour and privilege to pay our respects to the service men and women who have given so much to our country.

"We really enjoy it and the jumper we wear with the wattle sash is really important as well and what that signifies."

Hardwick said the Tigers were "up for the challenge" against a "formidable" opposition.

"We want the opportunity to play against the best sides," he said.

"We have got some work to do on a couple of areas, but we went to work on a few of those this week.

"So, we're looking forward to seeing how our side prepares and operates against those guys."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1313279/short-returns-for-anzac-day-eve

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Empty words Dimma. Loss coming up.

Let’s see if you can finally  bring 4 quarters of unselfish pressure football, you know the type that stands up in September. Win or lose that’s what we want to see.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hate to say it but I agree.
It’s starting to sound a little hollow to me.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.