Author Topic: AFLW R10: Richmond vs Collingwood @ Victoria Park, Sun. Nov. 5  (Read 5292 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AFLW R10: Richmond vs Collingwood @ Victoria Park, Sun. Nov. 5
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2023, 06:58:09 PM »
Mon Conti, she's a star

In Richmond's last hurrah of the 2023 season, gun midfielder Mon Conti decided her side was going to go out on a high. With added support through the middle from rebounding defender Eilish Sheerin, alongside the reliable Grace Egan, Conti gathered a stunning 34 disposals and 11 clearances, while also laying eight tackles for the day. She topped it off with a powerful goal after breaking free of the stoppage and powering forward, as the Tigers recorded their highest ever score and biggest ever AFLW win.

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1061003/icymi-r10-farewell-to-a-champion-suns-adapt-lions-not-done-yet

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2023, 07:00:34 PM »
Yassir has copped a $100 fine for her part in the melee.

3 Pies copped fines but only ex-Tiger Sansonetti for the melee. The other two were presumably for the sling tackles on Egan and Hosking.

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1061934/match-review-brisbane-lion-dee-heslop-sent-to-tribunal-teammate-charlotte-mullins-also-banned
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 05:42:50 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2023, 08:55:06 PM »
I was unable to watch the game due to a lack of interest from watching the previous 5 games where the standard was lamentable. This win feels a little like our last round win over Fitzroy when KB was coach in the late 80’s. A false dawn.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2023, 09:13:13 PM »
I was unable to watch the game due to a lack of interest from watching the previous 5 games where the standard was lamentable. This win feels a little like our last round win over Fitzroy when KB was coach in the late 80’s. A false dawn.

No how they played yesterday showed how good we can be. Yesterday like round 1 should be the norm not the exception
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2023, 01:19:51 PM »
Mon had an AFLW record number of clearances this year.

Clearances
73 – Monique Conti (Richmond)*
71 – Jasmine Garner (North Melbourne)
67 – Claudia Whitfort (Gold Coast)
66 – Georgie Prespakis (Geelong)
64 – Charlie Rowbottom (Gold Coast)

Another record, Monique Conti's 73 clearances has pipped Kiara Bowers' 72 of last season. Conti's tireless efforts through the contest for the Tigers, even when the side was struggling, are represented in the numbers, including double-digit clearances on two occasions.

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1062080/2023-aflw-stats-leaders-most-goals-disposals-tackles-marks-statistics-records

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2023, 02:33:19 PM »
Yassir has copped a $100 fine for her part in the melee.

3 Pies copped fines but only ex-Tiger Sansonetti for the melee. The other two were presumably for the sling tackles on Egan and Hosking.

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1061934/match-review-brisbane-lion-dee-heslop-sent-to-tribunal-teammate-charlotte-mullins-also-banned

HTF did they reverse a free kick and 50m in Yassir was the only issue. Umpires are stuffen clueless

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2023, 04:29:57 PM »

HTF did they reverse a free kick and 50m in Yassir was the only issue. Umpires are stuffen clueless

Because (and it happened right in front of us) after saying we were getting a 50m penalty one of our players went in and ragged dolled Sansonetti, which was stupid.

Just on Sansonetti still peeves me that we de-listed her and kept Molan for 3 seasons. Sarah showed a helluva lot more than Molan ever did. ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2023, 03:44:02 PM »
Coaches' votes (Ferguson & Symonds)

Collingwood v Richmond

10 Monique Conti RICH
8 Katie Brennan RICH
4 Grace Egan RICH

4 Aishling Sheridan COLL
4 Eilish Sheerin RICH

Final Leaderboard

1 Jasmine Garner (NMFC) - 81 votes
2 Laura Gardiner (SYD) - 74
3 Ally Anderson (BL) - 65
4 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL) - 64
5 Monique Conti (RICH) - 62
6 Ashleigh Riddell (NMFC) - 61
7 Claudia Whitfort (GCFC) 60
8 Georgie Prespakis (GEEL) - 57
9 Bonnie Toogood (ESS) - 55
=10 Madison Prespakis (ESS) - 53
=10 Charlie Rowbottom (GCFC) - 53

https://www.afl.com.au/aflw/news/1062305/best-of-the-best-north-melbourne-jasmine-garner-secures-legacy-with-unique-triple-crown-aflca-champion-player