Author Topic: 2025?  (Read 312 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
2025?
« on: August 19, 2024, 09:11:06 AM »

1. Who is our President? 
Don't they say the fish rots at the head? We need someone who can lead. I must admit I was completely wrong about Peggy when she was made President but she was an absolute ripper especially balancing when to do media. A class act. We need someone who is willing to step up when needed I haven't ever seen this person.

2. Who is our CEO? 
Big shoes to fill. When Benny first started he had a huge vision and mission for our club and the media and opposition supporters laughed at us. Even members were wondering if this was going to be another false narrative. If you're going to lead then it's no use saying things unless you can back it up. We need someone with vision and integrity. Someone who can get the whole club on the same page.

3. Who is our Coach?
If Yze needs help then get him the help and support he needs. I was a big wrap for Hardwick until he wasn't able to infuse a finals winning game style into the players. After the Carlton finals debacle I had already lost all hope in his abilities so I became a fierce critic of his game plan and style. We all know he finally made good on his original promise to the club and changed his approach and game strategy and made us all proud. So is Yze a great coach? No sign of it yet.
If he is given the right amount of support and the right players are recruited and drafted and properly developed then we can expect him to do what he is paid to do. Otherwise we are all kidding ourselves.

4. What is our culture?
Let's hope all isn't lost on this front otherwise we all know how bad it can get. I would hope that what was instilled in our premiership era has been set up as a blueprint or template for driving future success.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2025?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 09:38:27 AM »
Combination of all things for me. Let's be frank 90% of the issues now Yze has inherited
Standards dropped off
Footy department and hierarchy need accountability for poor decisions  Fitness and conditioning debacle, Recruitment, Punt Road development for the hierarchy.
Beef up the footy department put the best around Yze his been left to the wolves at times this season
Get the CEO appointment with someone asap look out side the squar. not within.
Players need to be on board no one bigger then the club or else pack your bags. We got a few rotten apples in senior players

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 02:15:56 PM »
Have a nagging feeling the redevelopment and it's associated costs are negatively effecting the club's football decisions..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 02:25:20 PM »
Agree with your post Diocletian and it may have been having an adverse effect for a few years now and might explain some of football dept appointments (or lack of )over the last few years.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 05:48:57 PM »
Have a nagging feeling the redevelopment and it's associated costs are negatively effecting the club's football decisions..... :shh

Yeah it's taken way too long, costs have blown out in the industry... This is something that should have been achieved during or immediately after our dynasty. It's a few years too late now.