Author Topic: Club Statement: Trade Requests  (Read 376 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Club Statement: Trade Requests
« on: August 28, 2024, 09:08:44 PM »
..Wasn't sure which thread to post this in, so started a new one
=======

Club Statement: Trade Requests

Richmond Football Club can confirm that three players have informed the Club of their desire to seek trades.

By Richmond Media
3 hrs ago

Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli

Richmond can confirm that contracted pair Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli have informed the Club of their desire to seek trades during the upcoming trade period.   

Bolton would like to return home to Western Australia to be closer to family, while Rioli has requested a trade to the Gold Coast Suns.

Rioli, 27, is a three-time premiership player and is contracted with Richmond for a further three seasons (2027), while Bolton, 25, is a two-time premiership player, and has a deal for a further four seasons (2028).

“Both Daniel and Shai have informed us of their requests for a trade during our end-of-season review process,” Richmond General Manager - Football Performance, Blair Hartley said.

“Whilst we are disappointed, we have been in constant dialogue with both the players and their management throughout the course of the season.

“Out of respect to both players and their wishes, at the right time - we will open conversations with their clubs of choice.

“We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

Liam Baker

Liam Baker today also informed the Club of his intention to play in Western Australia next season.

Richmond will work to complete a fair and equitable trade in return for Baker.

Baker, 25, has won two premierships with Richmond, is the Club’s vice-captain and is likely to finish inside the top six of the Jack Dyer Medal for a fifth consecutive season this year.

“Liam has been a wonderful player for us and is someone we value very highly,” Hartley said.

“While we are disappointed that he has requested a trade away from the Club, we respect the reasons for his decision.

“We will work closely with potential suitors for Liam to ensure that we are fairly compensated.”

The 2024 AFL Trade Period commences on October 7.

Richmond currently holds selections 1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66 at November’s Draft.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1641232/club-statement-trade-requests
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Club Statement: Trade Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 09:19:44 PM »
Think this is quite good by the club. A lot of talk in media, feel this is very respectful of members to give clarity rather than say nothing and allow media to spin and create rumours etc.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2024, 10:13:43 PM »
Was listening to 3AW last night, rarely do these days

Chose to listen last night while was driving to dinner

Leigh Matthews was on with Sam McClure and they spoke about contracted players wanting to be traded especially those who have signed long term contracts.

Leigh Matthews said at some point a Club or Clubs need to take stand and say NO we are not trading you. He said this happening far too often and Clubs need to be stronger

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2024, 10:35:36 PM »
Was listening to 3AW last night, rarely do these days

Chose to listen last night while was driving to dinner

Leigh Matthews was on with Sam McClure and they spoke about contracted players wanting to be traded especially those who have signed long term contracts.

Leigh Matthews said at some point a Club or Clubs need to take stand and say NO we are not trading you. He said this happening far too often and Clubs need to be stronger

Doesn't really seem to matter anymore, contract or not.

But if they're contracted at least the club has the right to push a harder deal.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 06:24:20 AM »
Agree. It was good of the club to issue a statement to clarify the situation. What is the situation with Graham?

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2024, 06:39:30 AM »
Agree. It was good of the club to issue a statement to clarify the situation. What is the situation with Graham?

He's a free agent. Doesn't have to request anything. Just signs with a club once the free agency period starts. We would probably know and I suspect silence means he intends to sign with another club.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2024, 07:34:28 AM »

He's a free agent. Doesn't have to request anything. Just signs with a club once the free agency period starts. We would probably know and I suspect silence means he intends to sign with another club.

Yep, that's how I've taken the defeaning silence

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2024, 08:34:56 AM »

Youd think he is waiting to see who is the coach at Eagles, already has a 4 year deal on the table

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2024, 09:08:12 AM »

Youd think he is waiting to see who is the coach at Eagles, already has a 4 year deal on the table

Madness to offer him 4 years but good luck to them lol