Author Topic: Raines & Polo Unsigned  (Read 1750 times)

PuntRdRoar

Raines & Polo Unsigned
« on: July 06, 2006, 11:50:46 AM »
Raines and Polo havent been signed yet. You'd think we'd actually get a move on at some stage. Its pretty poor I reckon. We're in July now. If we havent signed both players by the end of July then our Administration needs to have a deep think about how they go about there business!

http://heraldsun.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19699288%255E19742,00.html

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Raines & Polo Unsigned
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
Do you actually think that these two will be going anywhere ???

I dont
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:17:29 PM »
Nah actually I dont, but I dont think it looks professional either that these types of stories appear in the press.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 12:38:12 PM »
Nah actually I dont, but I dont think it looks professional either that these types of stories appear in the press.

i suppose they cant resign everyone in th esame week, they prob have a list and are working down it, they have already resigned richo, joel,deledio, patto, meyer, blingers so i guess they are just working down the list. i wouldnt stress they are going no where

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 05:28:52 PM »
They both seem very happy to be Tigers so I can't see either wanting to leave. I'm sure Geoff reminds Andrew of being jibbed by the Pies' broken promises when he left Richmond and wishing he had stayed.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:45:07 PM »
hahaha I was wondering if Rainesy wil ruin his career like his old man and chase the cash. Maybe Geoff has told Andrew that the Raines family owes the club after he walked out.... :shh :lol
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
Considering the rumours that Krak is on 250k and thats way over the odds....Id reckon Rainesy is worth $200,000 a season + maybe another $50,000 in bonuses for games played, best & fairest performance etc etc.  Total package $200,000 (min) to $250,000 a year (max). If I was the kid and I had $400k on offer for 2 years with the chance to pick up another $100k in potential bonuses, Id stick around.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »
hahaha I was wondering if Rainesy wil ruin his career like his old man and chase the cash. Maybe Geoff has told Andrew that the Raines family owes the club after he walked out.... :shh :lol

The Pies made most of their players take a forced paycut within a year or two of Geoff crossing over.   

Things are pretty positive at Punt Road now and we look to have sensible people in charge of the Club for once. Compare that to a bitter GF defeat when all that tension over trade war fiasco began.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Clubs in general are holding off finalising contracts until the pay negotiations between the AFL and AFLPA are done.

You don't want end doing what the Bombers did a few years ago and base a new contract on what you thnk the increase is going to be rather than what it actually ends up being. Remember the Caracella, Blumfield and Heffernan fiasco
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »
Offer them something fair and remember their age......if they dont like it, they can find another club. This doesnt apply for them two only, it applies to everyone. I would prefer 22 players playing for the club than for cash.

But these two appear to be quality people so I have no qualms that they will stay for the right reasons.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Moi

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:34:05 PM »
I reckon Rainsey will sign.  Pretty confident of that.  Going on that article earlier on Geoff, i think he would like to see Andrew finish what he didn't.  He didn't play well last year and was struggling, he got a one year contract consequently.  He's done a lot of work to show he wants to play good footy and I hope the club look at that and sign him up straight away.

Go Rainesy  :thumbsup

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 08:50:39 PM »
I reckon Rainsey will sign.  Pretty confident of that.  Going on that article earlier on Geoff, i think he would like to see Andrew finish what he didn't.  He didn't play well last year and was struggling, he got a one year contract consequently.  He's done a lot of work to show he wants to play good footy and I hope the club look at that and sign him up straight away.

he better sign up again, if he does not
a/ i will be really worried about what u may do
and b/ worried about what u may do to urself!

Moi

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »

he better sign up again, if he does not
a/ i will be really worried about what u may do
and b/ worried about what u may do to urself!
Some ppl might encourage me to do something to myself lol
No, I don't think he is the type to shaft the club, so I expect him to repay the faith they had in him to sign him up for a year, and hopefully the club will give him a decent enough offer to make him stay.  I reckon the supporters would lynch everyone down there if they let him go lol

Ox

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 09:09:56 PM »
club will siign him for 3 yrs

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 08:24:26 AM »
Last night on WLF David Parkin was tipping Rainsey to win the Rising Star.