Author Topic: Gas could be gone for the season too  (Read 1296 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gas could be gone for the season too
« on: August 01, 2006, 05:24:28 PM »
Wallace hopeful for Gaspar
4:11:42 PM Tue 1 August, 2006
Mark Rasmussen
Sportal for afl.com.au

According to Tigers coach Terry Wallace it will be season-ending if he doesn't get up and, beyond that, there's going to some hard decisions to reach.

"If he doesn't get through his training session tomorrow, that'll be his season," Wallace said of Gaspar on Tuesday.

"We'll give him one last go tomorrow on the training track, but that's about the sum of it.

"Personally I think his season is over."

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=285676

PuntRdRoar

Re: Gas could be gone for the season too
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:42:40 PM »
We are going for picks. No one to play on Fevola now against the blues, no one to play on Bradshaw vs Bris, and no one to play on Lucas if he plays FF vs Essendon. We are going for picks. And that my friends is the correct thing to do.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »
We are going for picks. No one to play on Fevola now against the blues, no one to play on Bradshaw vs Bris, and no one to play on Lucas if he plays FF vs Essendon. We are going for picks. And that my friends is the correct thing to do.

Don't sound so happy Ramps  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:13:20 PM »
I apologise ;D

Jackstar

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:21:41 PM »
Can tell you Ramps, we arent going for picks ;)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 07:31:26 PM »
I understand the need to improve the graph. Wallace probably wants to have 10-11 games from his first 2 years as the the absolute bottom, but we need a couple of young key position stars- badly.

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 07:54:46 PM »
want we dont need are the Rodans of this world.
Problem we have is that player say 20 to player 30 arent any good.
We cant cover injuries and this hurts us big time.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 07:59:56 PM »
Jacko sometimes in investments its best to cut your losses and go. Rodan may have a contract, but Id be inclined to pay it out at seasons end. They should put a list together of the players who arent going to make it- in order and cut the first 7 or so. They should also be prepared to trade 1 or 2 players the supporters would hate to see go. But supporters shouldnt run the club. The administration runs the club. For mine- Yes I agree player 20 to 30 at RFC arent up to and we need depth but we also need to add 5 or 6 at the top end to be any good.

Jackstar

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 08:09:16 PM »
Totally agree Ramps.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:40:35 AM »
gas gone??? thank god 4 that
now tiv hall chaff to go also , staff to retire, rodan to trade , we may get somewhere!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 11:53:49 AM »
I spoke to a group of supporters who watched the whole training session today and they said Gas was at training but he was more an instructor today as his left knee is playing up and he has trouble turning on it. They also reckon he might be back for the last game but to me that means he is gone for the year  :-\

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gas to have surgery
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »
Surgery for Gaspar
1:53:01 PM Wed 2 August, 2006
Jason Phelan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Wounded Tiger Darren Gaspar has lost his fight against a knee ailment and will go under the surgeon's knife later this week the club announced on Wednesday.

The full back suffered the injury - described as pinched cartilage in the right knee - in the round 16 loss to Sydney - and news of the arthroscopic surgery means it is unlikely that he will take any further part in Richmond's 2006 campaign.

With five matches left in the home-and-away season and finals unlikely for the club, time is against the veteran backman, but football operations manager Paul Armstrong wasn't completely closing the door.

"They'll operate on that to remove what hindrances there are and then once they do that they'll know just how long he'll miss," Armstrong said.

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=285851