Author Topic: Greg Hutchison  (Read 2445 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Greg Hutchison
« on: June 30, 2004, 09:56:48 PM »
Given the cut costing that will go on over summer and into 2005 we will still have a Director of Football plus a Football Manager? I could be wrong but I would have thought most other Clubs only have one head of the footy department. As Greg Miller isn't going anywhere, where does that leave Greg Hutchison? I must admit I don't know what each of their specific roles are. Are both a necessity as the workload would be too much for one person or are we doubling up?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

Re: Greg Hutchison
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 10:08:18 PM »
Hutchinson will join the likes of Billy Nicholls, Houilhan, Flecther etc.
Did Hutchy coach the Demons to near enough a wooden spoon ? If he did , he obvisously qualifies for a position at Tigerland.
 Should be given the arse at 5pm Round 22. A total loser!
One thing about Hutchy though, he thinks he is more important than he really is. Prances around as if he owns the joint. ::)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 10:35:45 PM »
I raised this very point on forsaken2. If you look at European soccer clubs tend to either have a head coach + DoF or just a manager. Personally I think that the best coaches get away without a DoF (matthews/sheedy etc). EIther way we have gone on hierarchy overload.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 10:39:24 PM »
Did Hutchy coach the Demons to near enough a wooden spoon ? If he did , he obvisously qualifies for a position at Tigerland.

He took over as caretaker coach at the Dees for the rest of 1997 when Balmey was given the flick midweek mid-season. We of course lost to them 3 days later under Walls ::). The still went on to "win" the wooden spoon under Hutchy. Daniher then took them to a preliminary final in 98.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 08:30:56 AM »
One thing about Hutchy though, he thinks he is more important than he really is. Prances around as if he owns the joint. ::)

I could be way off base here but....

I get the feeling Jackstar's not a fan  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 10:04:57 AM »
I've got a feeling someone told me Greg was a high school teacher once and was a first class pr*ck.
God, i hope not only him but all of them coaching duds are gone at the end of the year.

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 05:05:16 PM »
You are right WP, not a fan at all.
Thats why the RFC is where it is ,employing total losers like Hutchy. makes himself important to keep his job, cant wait till the end of the season when reality sets in and a few of these blokes are in the queue at Centrelink. ;D