Author Topic: Can someone help??  (Read 3781 times)

Moi

Can someone help??
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »
I've got a program called Pinnacle Studio 10 which I bought to make large video clips etc.  Also got another program which has the same problem.  This one's called MGI VideoWave.

Problem is I record a clip in normal time, but in playback it is in fast speed.  Now, this doesn't happen when I use Windows MovieMaker, but I don't want to use this program grrr!  Would like to use Pinnacle but keep getting this problem.

Anyone!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Can someone help??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »
Not sure if this is of any help Moi, but from the following site it sounds like this program has heaps of bugs and you need to update regularly to get the latest patches to fix them.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Pinnacle_Studio_version_9

Using Studio software has been one of my strangest experiences. I've been all over the map from a flaming, disgusted user who gave up and quit the software, to an avid user and singer of its praises. My concise advice - If you are looking for a software product that works well right out of the box, and if you do not intend to do some work to get it working for you, then don't buy this product. You will be disappointed.

Now - why am I a satisfied user?? I have tried competetive products by Ulead, Sony, and Microsoft, and can't find the functionality for the value that is offered by the Studio line. But I need to put a huge qualifier on that. Pinnacle (now Avid) has a strange habit of selling their product prior to having it debugged. So you need always to have the latest patch, and most users don't update their software. So they work with a buggy product and get dissatisfied. Next, you need to use their forum (which they call a "Webboard.") There are lots of users there who have become like family to me and I generally can find an answer to my problems.

So there you have it. If you're willing to continually update the product and to post on the webboard for workarounds or to find out what you're dong wrong, then you won't find a better product for the money. If you want something that works as expected right out of the box, then forget it. Use MovieMaker or some other product. You'll be cussing Pinnacle frequently.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

Re: Can someone help??
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:24:47 PM »
Yep, definitely isn't a program you take out of the box, load on your computer and think it will work  :banghead
I updated drivers today thinking that might help, but no.
Happens on the other program as well, so could it be my video capture card is not up to it?
A mystery