Author Topic: What's more important for us in the preseason comp?  (Read 970 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What's more important for us in the preseason comp?
« on: February 20, 2007, 05:46:45 AM »
What do you guys and gals think is more important to us in the lead up to round 1?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: What's more important for us in the preseason comp?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:12:38 AM »
I said Trialing tactics. Sure Wallace will have a rough idea of the lineup, but just fine tuning especially where guys like Polak and Kingsley will be playing (if they play) come season proper.
No injuries is a no brainer, they are just the necessary evil in prepasring for an AFL season if you are doing it properly.
Also Knobel and Angus Graham as backups for Simmo need to be tested under pressure.
And just testing out the rotations Bling  Lids Foley going forward for more goals etc etc
Have a feeling Blingers is going to burst out of the blocks this year and shove it up a few Dorkers.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:04:05 AM »
if we want to be a fair dinkum club, we should try and win every game we , reg what comp it is, where or when

we must get that winning feeling and thrive and feed off it, just like in the hafey days

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:29:22 PM »

1st, 2nd, 3rd year players experience ...

and for them to try and win all matches ...

i would like to see the rest of the 9 players ... (15 from the NAB list) 1st, 2nd, 3rd year players ...

should we put in richo, gaspar, simmonds and anyone else that is under an injury cloud now ???

if we make it to the semi or grand final ... i would like to win it of course ... but do we go for our best team possible ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 06:53:07 PM »
I'm hoping we do all 4 but no injuries as the main one for mine. Hit the start of the real stuff with our best side or as close to it intact. We can't afford to be 0-3 again if we want to play finals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:52:55 PM »
Abit of all the four criteria mentioned. I think no injuries we have had more than enough over the last few years especially to key players and to get a winning mentality from early on in the year. That should get the confidence up and ensure an overall winning season for the boys.